Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Brians89K5, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

Ok, so I got my DIY flip kit installed................. For the most part. I have no way of dropping the gas tank right now because the hitch is welded on in places I cannot cut with my tooling. So I have the truck resting on the two lower bolts that come up through the bottom of the frame. I was thinking about breaking out my old stick welder and welding the flip kit to my frame. I mean, Im already commited to having a flip kit on my truck, can't change it now so might as well weld it to the frame; right?? :D Anyone see any unforseeable problems with this in the future?
    One more question. I have the factory springs and a 6 inch shackle, my shackle angle in straight up and down compaired to the frame. I've noticed that most of the shackle angles I have seen were the shackle pointing away from the front of the truck. I want to make sure Im not installing my stuff wrong before I weld it. My truck is going to spend most of its life in sand so super flexy flexy is not a big deal for right now. Is it ok to run the shackle like this? If anyone would like some pics I can take some and post em up. Thanks for your insight, gotta love this site!

~Brian

2. Brians89K5

oh yeah, and I've had a bit too much to drunk tonight so if anyone wants me to say somthing with more detail, please ask. Haha.... IM gonna go get some.................. Sleep...... Peace!

~Brian

3. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ahaha oh boy good thing ur just drunk and thinking not drunk and actually welding right next to your gas tank w/ an arch welder....

4. Brians89K5

haha, not an arch welder.... A stick welder, and its no closer to the gas tank than the exhaust is. Not to mention how much heat it would take to get the damned hitch off to remove the fuel tank to drop that son of a bit** down....

~Brian