Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installing 465 clutch - DAY 4 - ***PICS***

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, May 18, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

http://community.webshots.com/album/38309027BUOOSH

Check out these pics and see if you agree with the way I am doing things. The Borg and Beck ended up being 1/8" shorter on the bench than the diaphram clutch. So that was the one I installed this time.

I figured I'd post these shots, then try to install the diaphram clutch, and post the pics from the diaphram.

Let me know what everyone thinks!

-Dan

2. KRAZIE87K5

Well, I took the BH to Napa, and compared slave cylinders. Lets just say that mine is shot. REALLY shot. Would have never know, if I hadn't seen a brand new one. $60 that I won't have til this Friday... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

What a bummer... more $ to drop on this conversion, and puts more time between me and the trails. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Sorry to keep everyone guessing over something so dumb. I can't believe that I didn't notice that the cylinder was RUSTED in place. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif I'll post up when I get the new one late next week.

Thx.

-Dan

3. KRAZIE87K5

I rebuilt the SC! Just broke the cylinder loose, cleaned it up with 1000 grit, sanded down the inside of the cylider with the same 1000 grit, and re-assembled it after flushing any debris out with brake fluid. It seems to work okay! I "bench bled" it, and it held its fluid... so I'm going to install it, and hope for the best! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif If its junk, I'll replace it next week pay day.

Just wanted to update everyone again....

-Dan

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

from your pics I was thinkin the SC didnt look compressed

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

dan,

make sure you are using brake fluid proof hoses. who ever had the hyd clutch setup that i ended up with used a vacum hose from the reservor to the MC. it just screwed everthing up, slave, master. spent around 100 just to get it rebuilt. you may also try carparts.com to get the master and the slave cylinders. they are cheaper than napa.

ARQ.

PS: those brake fluid proof hoses are expensive.

6. KRAZIE87K5

I got it in! I "rebuilt" the SC, and reinstalled everything using the Borg and Beck clutch. I'm just so damn happy to have a shifter AND three pedals! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I still need to bleed the system, and get the shafts lengthened shortened.

I have a pic of the tranny installed in the URL in the first post of this thread.

-Dan

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

WHEW!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

You had me worried about all this!! I was beginning to worry that I gave you wrong or $hitty parts. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Just glad to hear everything bolted in, finally!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Woohoo!! Way to go DAN!

I just put my Hydro pedals and master in.. it went in WAY easier than I thought it would. I got pics.. just haven't posted them yet.

Yippee! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

you need to do a write up on how you did it on the early cab.
    I am certain many will be interested.

10. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I am interested if you are able to bleed the slave while it is attached to the Bellhousing.
    I was unable to bleed it until I pulled it and held it at an angle.
    congrats on the successful install!
    doesnt it seem a lot easier when it is done?

11. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Hoipefully, some day. I got just few pics. I imagine this is the hard part. Because of the anticipated fab work, and drilling a hole (or three) into the firewall. It ended up just fitting between the fuse panel, and steering/brake double-firewall.

12. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Dan,

Sounds like you will have time to come down and help install the Dual Case kit! Glad you got it worked out.

Later,

Neil