Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

installing a 400/205

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazindorito, Mar 19, 2005.

1. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

I will be installing a 400/205 into my k5. Just wondering if I should add anything to this combo since it will be opened to check everything out. I want to make it strong, I have a mountain to conquer when all is done.

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

ernesto....

just ask ck5 bro,,,
    Th400 builds can be mild to wild... extra clutch packs,,, kevlar discs, shift kits, little tricks like welding the vanes etc etc... I certainly dont know them all....
    if you are going to do it yourself and not have a shop do the freshen up I would suggest you go with summit or one of those companies that sell performance master rebuild kits.. they arent that expensive...have all the seals
    you might consider a slightly higher stall torque convertor... 1800 rpm maybe... your going to get one anyway

definately go for a deep pan ( I like summits aluminum one ...it was a great value and has zero leaks... I have it one two of my 400's)
    as far as the 205..... seals and fluid and run it... it didnt have that many miles on it

We already talked about possible driveline issues because its longer than what you have... but a call to Jesse at HAD can handle that....

ps I had covered and plugged all the holes when i stored everything... remember its going to be in the rain tonight uncovered.... when you get it drain everything first thing to make sure there is no water in anywhere

youre going to be a busy boy....

cam