Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

installing a heater - have questions

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rrent, Nov 20, 2002.

1. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Greetings, all - I picked up a factory heater for my Blazer. I got the outside part with core, inside air controller and controls with cables. How was this hooked to defroster and any/other vents? Big plastic preformed tubes? My truck had chrome ball vents on the sides of the dash and one in the middle - was this an AC truck? Is there an assembly manual type pic of this setup anywhere onthe net?

thanks in advance
    Ronnie

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Your truck was an A/C truck. If the set-up you bought is not an A/C set-up, you will have no hoses going to the ball vents, or the center vent in the dash. You will also need the non-A/C version of the control lever assembly. On another note though, the cut outs in the firewall are not the same for A/C and non-A/C trucks of this era. The vents are connected from the box that has the heat / defrost deflector flap with hoses. The hose kits can be purchased very inexpensively from many of the parts vendors that sell stuff for these trucks.

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

they were connected by black dryer vent tupe tubes that always come off. i dont know of a pic on the net. i have a 74 fsm that i might could scan if its got one. if you look on the firewall behind the glove box yopu will see 2 1 1/2 holes or so that had the ac lines through them.

nathan