Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installing a STC soft top tomorrow...need some pics

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by trixblazer, May 5, 2007.

1. trixblazer

trixblazer Registered Member

I am going to install the STC soft top that I picked up from Muddybuddy tomorrow. I looked up the directions online but still have a few questions....or need some help pics for that matter.

I did a search on here and there doesn't seem to be any close up pics of the tops on. What I am asking of you guys is.....well.....close up pics. Pics of where the front part of the top mounts up to the cab and how far down you mounted the tailgate strip. It says in the instructions to "measure up 1 1/4" from top of body at rear of cab on the driver's side". This is mainly what I need a pic of because for some reason this discription is not sinking in.

2. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

I dont have pics that show it, but it talking about drilling holes on top of the cab 1 1/4" from the edge. You will have to drill several holes across the top and down the side of the cab. Be sure to start from the middle and work your way out.

As far as the tailgate, you will have to drill holes just on top of the body line ....[​IMG]

3. trixblazer

trixblazer Registered Member

Thanks for the reply!

I got the top on by sunday. It was pretty obvious where I needed to drill the holes on the cab once I took the hard top off. There is only really one way to put it on and not that much room to do it. Meaning there isn't much of a lip to drill the holes into.

The only section that is giving me a headache is the tailgate section. It doesn't seem to want to stay on. Once I roll the edge of the soft top onto the aluminum strip, all it takes is a few seconds and it pops back off again. I am going to let it sit in the sun tomorrow and hopefully it will give a little and stay put. Anyone run into this problem?

4. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Mine doesnt pop off, but as you can see from the pics it is a tight fit. I see a lot of people with these tops that seem to fit better.