Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installing Aftermarket CD

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 1990SilveradoK5, Sep 20, 2001.

1. 1990SilveradoK5

1990SilveradoK5 1/2 ton status

I just purchased an aftermarket Sony CD player for my Blazer and want to see what the general opinion is to do next.

It is used (due to budgetary restrictions) so I got it cheap. What should I do next is my question?

Don't want a radical system, or one that will prevent me from eating for a month or two. Just one that will sound good with items located in stock locations or simple mods.

Any speaker suggestions? Rear speakers? Fronts? In Dash or Door?
    What are my options.

Gone Large and Loving It.
    Keith
    Manchester, MI

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've got my CD player powering Blaupunkt 6X9's mounted right above the rear fenderwells, and Blaupunkt 3½"s in the dash - Nothing special, but it sounds good, and was pretty cheap - I got the speakers new on EBay, $35 for the 6X9s and $15 for the 3½s.

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. 1990SilveradoK5

1990SilveradoK5 1/2 ton status

Would 6 1/2's be to large to put in the doors??

I have a friend that has a set of Sony 6 1/2's that he will let go cheap. Those with a new set of 6 x 9's in the back stock location should do the trick I think.

Gone Large and Loving It.
    Keith
    Manchester, MI

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've seen several sets of 6½'s in doors - you just have to be real careful to miss the window tracks and regulators.

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I bought a Sony CD player Brand new last Dec. It lasted untill July. Then when I was wheelin in a really dusty place. It jammed up and wouldn't eject CD's. I have blown it out with air and tried 2 diffrent types of CD cleaner.. It will not eject a cd...Just giving you fair warning...Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Gokartergo>KLICK</a>

6. KShortell

KShortell Registered Member

I installed a Pioneer 6-disc CD changer in my Suburban last spring. I put in upright in my center console. It puts everything at my fingertips and makes for easy access. It works out really slick. I also put in keyless entry from CrimeGuard for 65 bucks.

1986 Suburban C10 Silverado
    Kevin

1986 Chevrolet C10 Suburban Silverado
    Stock 350 w/ K&N Air Filter & Flowmaster Exhaust
    Edelbrock Performer IAS Shocks (These rule!)