Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installing AGR box tomorrow, any tips?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PetaKane, May 16, 2002.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Installing new AGR box and pump tom, along with a Borgeson shaft. Any good advice, I'm never any good at these things and I'm pretty much doing it alone since none of my friends are interested in this stuff.

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Have someone around to help you hold up the box! It's one tough job to hold the heavy box from one side of the frame while trying to thread in the bolts from the other side of the frame! Believe me, I KNOW, I just did this TWICE last week! And it's no fun! If you can, get someone to help you with that part!

Also, hook up the steering shaft before you get the box all into position and tight - I made this mistake once, and had to take all but one bolt out of the box to be able to move the box enough to get the flex joint ends lined up. Oh yeah, and make sure you bolt the rag joint onto the AGR input spline BEFORE you get it all up there, as it was a tight fit on mine, much easier to get that part done off the truck...

And make sure that your rag joint is the right size for the AGR input shaft. Course, if you have a Borgeson shaft, maybe you aren't using a rag joint anymore...but if you are, measure the inner diameter of the joint and your input shaft, and also make sure the spline count is the same! Ran into that problem also last week! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Otherwise, it's fairly straightforward!

3. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Advice. Dont put it on your truck. Everybody has trouble with the POS's leaking and their customer service is worse than their product