Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installing ATOR Doubler ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mo, Jul 13, 2006.

1. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

Anyone here installed one? I searched but didn't find much...

I was pretty much following the write up for the ORD doubler install until i hit a snag. it doesn't seem that the doubler adapter from ATOR has any provision to use the intermediate shaft bearing... It almost looks like the original aluminum housing piece off the 203 would fit in the adapter, but it doesn't due to that little tab on it... i was thinking maybe just grind that tab off and try it again, but am not really sure if that's a good idea.

Otherwise though it seems the intermediate shaft will be kind of just sitting there with the only support coming from the input shaft of the 205...

I've tried calling keith but get no response to my messages :(

Maybe I should of spent the extra 100 and went with NWF... especially since I'll pry spend 30 bucks on seals and gaskets that this "kit" didn't come with.

thx in advance

2. NorthWestFab

NorthWestFab 1/2 ton status

You will need to grind the tab off of the cage and re-use it. It can't be run without the support of the bearing. Keith is super busy over there, so I hope this can get your build finished for you.

Cheers,
    Jordan

3. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have the wms one same thing though, grind aluminum tab off

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

samething when I put my WMS setup together, grind off the big tab on the factory bearing support and reuse it.

5. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

thanks, that's what i was thinking, just didn't want to do it, F somethin up and take out my case :)

thanks, I know he's busy, but aren't we all? And you gotta remember to keep existing customers happy as well as potentials. A lot of our sales come from existing customers that are very satisfied with our product/service which leads to upgrades, referals, etc :)

But I guess that's the beauty of boards like these, i can come here and get the info from someone who's already done it :bow: