Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installing body lift this Saturday in Plano TX, wanna help?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Nov 7, 2001.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I am installing a 1" ORD body lift this Saturday and possibly my ORD bolt-on steering brace (depending on time). I plan to start around 8:30 in the morning and be done by noon or so. I have things planned for the afternoon.

I live in Plano TX northwest of 75 and Legacy. If you would like to assist or supervise, the more the merrier. Shoot me a PM and I will give you detailed directions.

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

2. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

ohh dude i would soooooo be there, except we have a baseball tournament game sat. morning at 11 in Plano, so i cant really even drop by. oh well, next time any of yall from around there get soemthin gion id really like to see and get an idea of how to go about things for later on....

Mike Dee

3. coolhandluke

coolhandluke 1/2 ton status

good to know there's some more DFW guys around. I'd like to help, but have to go out of town. However, starting this month, I get every other friday off, and am looking for places to go and people to go with, so if your interested drop me a line at
    ljalbert@ci.addison.tx.us

sometimes nothing is a real cool hand

what we have here is a failure to communicate

4. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

Brian, ill be there. Will bring 3 1/2 ton floor jack and stands, will also bring compressor. Give a holler if there is anything else you want me to bring.

Later
    Butch

<font color=red>All that is necessarry for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.<font color=red><font color=blue>Edmund Burke<font color=blue>

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

That stuff sounds good. We will have to be easy using the compressor, though. Everything says to use hand tools to remove the bolts so as not to spin the tacked nuts and such. I have been soaking them with Liquid Wrench this week, so I am not too worried. The hardest part will be getting to the front bolts in the radiator housing and having an extension long enough to get to the rear ones without dropping the fuel cell.

On second thought, bring your pneumatic saw. That could make trimming the bottom of the fan shroud much easier than using an edge grinder or hand saw. I don't think my dremel would have enough to get through it.

See ya Saturday.

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

6. crahm

crahm Registered Member

Don't know where I'll be this Saturday but if I'm in town, I'd like to swing by and Introduce myself. What's the address?