Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installing CD Player...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Glenn312, May 21, 2000.

1. Glenn312

Glenn312 Registered Member

Is there any specific CD player hat will fit into a 1990 GMC Jimmy SLE without making modifications? I haven't touched the radio, it is stock.

1990 GMC JIMMY SLE w/350

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

In yor 90 rig, does it have a shaft style radio, or does it have a big GM STYLE radio? let me know and i will help you either way.

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. NEW AtlassII ordered 5-15-00. 38" sx's -

3. Glenn312

Glenn312 Registered Member

It has the big GM style radio, where you put the tape in the wide way.

1990 GMC JIMMY SLE w/350

4. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

you're only going to have one or two aftermarket radio choices. If I were you, I'd buy a nice stereo, a dash adapter(under $25) and a wiring harness adapter($18). This is the best way to go. You could put in a factory take out out of a newer Camaro, Corvette, or Truck that has a CD player or Cassette in it. The harness will match up and all that you have to do is take the brackets off the '90 and put them on the newer one (this is the most simple).

NEVER been stuck... *yet* (4wheeling)

Stuck for 10 months (At school)

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

You can A) buy a quality din sized radio and use a good dash kit and a plug kit. This will allow you yo install your radio and mount it properly and not have to cut any wires in the vehicle. Or you can buy a din and 1/2 sized radio, my suggestion would be either the pioneer and i hate pioneer, or the audiovox piece. Just my opinion

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. NEW AtlassII ordered 5-15-00. 38" sx's -