Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installing Different radio

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broncoman6524, May 23, 2006.

1. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Cut the dash if you don't think you will ever get around to making the truck like new again .Otherwise inside the console is good . Or an overhead console .

I prefer cutting the dash , there are already several fine examples of Blazer saved from the dark side on the board :thumb:

3. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

I just got doing mine this week i put in a 8 inch flip down screen dvd/radio deck and 4 new kick ass speakers. I will tell you one thing i will never do it again. Putting the tv and rear speakers were fine but the radio and front speaker pain in the ass. I bought an adapter kit for the radio but it only works for a 87 and up blazer they dont make one for 86 and earlier so i had to cut the dash then modifie the adapter kit to work. then the front speakers were 6 inch rounds that i was going to put in the bottom of the door but they wouldnt fit cause of the dam power windows so i had to put them in the front kicker panels and that waz a pain. right were i cut the hole there was a f****** body beam so i had to move it over more and that sheet metal isnt to easy to cut either. but it turned out pretty good. just have to clean up the dash some kind of cut alittle to much:doah:. But it turned out realy good love the sound so clear. if you get speakers go with Pioner best sound and clear to. i love my new radio just took me roughly 15 hours of work:doah:. il go take some pic to show you wut i did

4. pauly383

Put some baffles behind them , or seal up the area behind them and they wil sound even better on the midbass . Got better sound in mine by that :thumb:

5. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

6. pauly383

Nice . I need a better interior . Looking good :waytogo:

If you were a member ya can stick these in the Audio Forum :whistle:

7. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

best buy has the install kit. used to have a tripple 12 w/ 1200w amp and 4 6x9's / 1000w amp 2 batteries in my truck.

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

dont waste your money on the "install kit" the cage that comes with the radio works just fine, and looks 10X better.