Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installing emblems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 6.2 man, Mar 25, 2000.

1. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I picked up the Blazer emblem for my local GM dealer for my 83 Blazer ( the ones on the front fenders ) . I didn't have to remove old emblem to install new one (orig. emblem got broke off ) I figured I would have to remove fender to install . Anybody got any tricks or secrets to installing the emblem .
    Thanks

2. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

STOP you dont have to take off the fenders just get some 3m double sided tape (like the pinstrip width tape) apply it around the entire edge of the emblem. peel off the backing tape and viola. stick the pins in the hole and there you go its on. trust i take a collision repair course at a high school career center, done it lots of time, what do you think the new factory cars come with special high dollar stuff nah just doulbe sided tape. hope this helps.

3. Nomorerust

Nomorerust Registered Member

I ran into the same problem.Went to an auto body "supplies" shop and purchased special clips which are inserted into the original holes and then the emblem pushes into those.
    You will need to use a reeming tool(works better than a drill bit)to SLIGHTLY enlarge the hole for the proper size than touch up with paint.After inserting the reem tool and aquiring the correct diameter to fit these clips wrap tape around the tool itself as a guide for the other three holes.The emblems will not come out!!!!!!!
    CJ

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I agree with badboti. I've had buds that have gotten ahold of either the two-sided tape or a special kind of butyl that windshield guys use, and basically just press the emblems on. It's worked for one guy for over 5 years........

5. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    These clips are called barrel clips and expand after insertion and last forever. At least until the next emblem gets broken off.

6. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I wonder if any of you have ever removed the long emblem-plate on the tailgate. Do you have to go in from the back/innside or is the plate pressed on with clips??
    I have this litle dent there, I imagine I can hammer out from behind.

7. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

know that one too. gotta go in from the back, let the tailgate down, take the panel off then roll up the window supporting it with something so it doesnt fall out. then there are little self threading bolts just take those off and it is off, i have two of these emblems by the way, if anyone wants to purchase one off me. aint putting one on the new gate after all the crud i found behind my old one.

8. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Check with www.3m.com and look for the sticky tape. They have several different types. And they will send you samples if you ask. It just so happens that the samples have more then enough to replace all the emblems on a blazer. Ain't it great!

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral