Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installing my D60 but I need help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlueOx, Dec 11, 2002.

1. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

Now that I have some spare time I want to install my D60, but I need help. I bought the thing with a steering block and an arm for X-over steering on the passenger side of the axle. I would like to use the X-over steering arm but the thing is just a 1” piece of steel with a hole in it. I don’t have a lift in the Blazer yet but will be adding a 6” one soon. For now though I would like to install the axle in a stock form. What do I need to do to put it back into stock form?

I looked at the axle and it looks like all I need to do is swap the cap on the driver’s side to the passenger side. What goes back on the drive’s side, just the stock steering arm?
    Any information on this would be great. If someone has any pictures of a stock axle could you post them or send a link?

Thanks for the help,
    Charles

2. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I just saw a auction over on ebay for a stock Dana 60 steering arm. You will need to put it on the drivers side of the axle and you stock drag link will bolt right up. You could just leave the crossover steering arm on the passenger side. It won't hurt anything.

Mike

3. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

One more thing will my brake lines fit the D60 brakes, if not what kind do I get?

Charles

4. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

The brake lines for you 10 bolt have the same banjo size as the dana 60.

Mike

5. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the information.

Charles