Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

installing schackel flip sized bolt help!got it! check it out

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Jan 24, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

ok thae bolt that holds the shackel on is stuck to the metal spacers that the bushings pop on. when I turn the bolt the sleeve turns with it. any ideas I am doin this right now. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I thought about cutting it off but that wont help cause then i will still have the threads on the other side holding it in. Should I drop the tank? I have done it before if I do it I could pound the bolt. what should I do?

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Re: installing schackel flip right now, sized bolt help!

I made a press out of a big C clamp and a piece of pipe (kinda like a u joint press) and pressed the bolt out as far as I could, then sprayed penetrating oil on it, and pounded the bolt back in and repeated the process. After doing that a few times, and some juice from a 1/2" impact, it finally came loose. Fought two days to get them out!!

John

3. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Those metal sleeves like rusting themselves to the bolts. If you have one, try a impact gun on them. Spray them down with some wd-40 or what ever and then let the impact spin the hell out of them. It worked for me. If not you might have to put some heat on them. Some of the other guys here said there's where so bad they had to cut them out with a sawzall. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. supersize75

found the slege hammer, will try to bang it out. this sux cause the other side took 1 hr total.

off to drop the tank I go, Hi ho, hi ho

5. supersize75

ha i got it droped the tank pounded it out then used a wrench for tension and used the rachet to get it off. really easy. 20-30 min total im a

heres the proof
    [​IMG]

tank back on /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    [​IMG]

foolin around before I started
    [​IMG]

6. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Cool, you got it off!

Whats the other blazer in the garage going to be?

7. supersize75

the other blazer has 6 inch suspinsion lift+3 inch body its my dads (I got him hooked) hehe it only cost 1500.00 and it ran!, we just got a new 350 motor for it and it is going to have the tires (mickey thompsons ewwwwwwww) that are on my truck. I have a 38.5's and 8 lug rims going on with the 14 bolt this weekend I hope.

I also think my truck looks funney right now because It has the shackle flip and 4 inches of blocks + 3 inch body all on 35'' tires. can't wait to put the 14 bolt in so I can take out the blocks and put in the new u-bolts. lots of wow and cool from the kids, they have no clue just how cool it will realy look when its done. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

oh yea I am happy with the product too, thanks to echobit.com /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

(thinking this over...) You've got 12" of lift on the back right now? ((( /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif ))) It must be raked like a dragster!!!

Sounds like your Dads truck is going to be a nice ride too! My Dad keeps asking how much I'll sell him my truck for, but as I'm sure you know, its just not for sale! Besides, he just bought a 55 Willy's Jeep so he's got enough to work on. I'm glad you like the flip, it sure has helped my rig evolve quicker than it would have otherwise, especially with the 57's attatched. A lot of the local guys here are starting to catch on to the "flatter is better" spring aproach, using my flip, and giving me a run for the money up in the hills. It's been fun making the harder stuff look easy, but now that were all getting equal were having to push the envelope that much harder to impress each other. I love this sport! Hopefully, I'll get out your way this summer, maybe we can hook up and you can show me around your neck of the ...err desert!

9. supersize75

hell ya come down and get a tan in 15 minutes. ah the joy of 115' weather. the truck looks really funney it will look even worse when I put the 38.5's with the 14 bolt on because the front wont be done for another 2 weeks. I will have a hot rod blazer! maby I should throw 33's on the front /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif