Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installing Sliding Glass windows on K5 Top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tc81k5, Sep 24, 2003.

1. tc81k5

tc81k5 Newbie

I got the top repainted. Now it's time to put on all the new seals and reinstall the sliding windows.

I need some helpful hints to get the job done. Anyone been through this before.

Thanks.

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Go to chevyhuny's home page. She did a nice little write up on installing a back window into a pick-up, but the tools and methods are the same for the side windows in a blazer top. It's easy to do with two people, some 3/8" rope soaked in soap water and a couple beers to celebrate the job well done! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. tc81k5

tc81k5 Newbie

Close but no cigar. I tried the rope trick and almost had it. I started at the bottom and worked my way around the sides. Got the top corners in and had about 8 inches or so to go along the top and the dadgum thing would have been in. Started pulling to finish it off and the rope cut through the the outer lip of the seal and ruined the weatherstrip. Really ticked me off.