Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Installing the Doubler now, questions about sensors?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by chvyhs, Feb 15, 2004.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

The Doubler is going into my '90 Suburban. I don't exactly know what to do with the 2 sensors that were in my NP241. 1 looks like a shifter position sensor. It was located towards the front of the case. The other is the speedometer sensor. I saw the write up on the CK5 home page but I still don't know how to finish this job.

Thanks for any help.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The sensor in front should be your 4wd indicator light, you can put a sensor in the 205 to actuate the light but different shift rails and different sensors have to be matched up properly for it to work right so it can be a bit tricky.
    The VSS should be dealt with like Fox did in the article or you can probably get an analog to digital convertor for the speedo signal from somewhere like Howell or another engine control company.

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

You dont really need a speed sensor. I burnt up a couple speedo cables on my 89 and I lost trans lockup but fixed that with a manual lock up switch and the computer threw out a VSS code every once and awhile, but other than that I had no driveability problems what so ever other than the fact I had no speedometer.

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Call Donovan at http://www.ramgrinding.com he is a Member here and the one that did the maching of my 205 tail housing.
    At the time I did the article no one made an analog to digital convertor, no one, not even jagsthatrun.com etc., had a solution, even though their website said they did.