Instrument modifications?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Dandwg, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Dandwg

Dandwg 1/2 ton status

Feb 9, 2003
    Has anyone done anything with thier instrument panel to make it look newer? I see alot of newer trucks and cars with fancy options available like colored panels or billet models. I like the stock look, do not get me wrong, but sometimes you want feel like you are in a newer truck,lol.

My plan in my head at the moment is+
    Take out instuments
    Place stickers in shapes of small circles over speedometer numbers, fuel gauge readings and etc.
    Painting the instuments white or silver.
    Then removing the stickers to reveal the numbers they protected from the paint.
    Is that Tacky?
    plus, whatever you call that palstic see through thingy that goes over your gauges, I need a new one that you can see through better. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

anyone have anyother ideas to try?
    hmmm, maybe colored light bulbs behind the gauges...
  2. tarheel

tarheel Registered Member

Apr 11, 2003
    a friend of mine fabbed his own cover for the instrument panel out of diamond plate... it looked pretty good, i never could get him to make me one though /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    also-another guy i know did what you are talking about. he repainted each guage in a '71 challenger white and the numbers were painted orange. then he put a black light in place of the stock lamp. it looks damn cool!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif took him qite a while to do though.