Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

insulating carb spacers ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beater74, Aug 13, 2001.

1. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

I was told that insulating spacers are a good thing. my question is are they, do they make a differnce and are they worth me spendin $25 bucks? what do you think.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Insulating carb spacers help on high performance engines by keeping the carb cooler. A cooler carb makes the fuel more dense.It also keeps the gas form boiling in the carbs passage ways and stopping fuel flow momentarily causing a miss. If you are having vapor lock problems a insulator may help.
    Carb spacers come in different sizes are also usually used to fine tune an engine to get it to launch off the line faster. They help to develop Torque on the low end.
    So you may gain a little more Torque if you put one on.

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

yeah no problems now i'm just always look'n for a'lil improvement

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

If you are looking for more low end torque go for a 4 hole spacer. The open ones will increase your plenum size and will give you less low end and more top end. Weather or not a spacer works is up to trial and error. From what I have herd it is hit or miss weather it will give what you want (fine tuning like was said before). I am looking to put a phenolic spacer in under my carb when I rebuild the Q-jet (it will be a while) so I am interested in how it turns out if you do it.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust