Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Insurance for my junk

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DwarF, Jan 8, 2004.

1. DwarF

DwarF 1/2 ton status

I am assuming you guys have been there. My truck is an 83 blazer, worth zilch in the Kelley Blue book. Right now, if I get in a wreck, it is worth salvage. However, I have invested quite a bit more in it! Does anyone know where there is a GOOD insurance company that will insure this thing for what it is worth. I have reciepts and can proove, just don't want some granny hittin gme and leaving me wiht a whopping 500 bucks for my 10000 dollar investment.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Saw something on one of the car shows awhile back, talking about insurance for the the hobby car guy (i.e. us kind of) and there are companies out there that specialize in insuring old cars and stuff. It might be something to look into.

Here's a link from a Yahoo search that you can look through, a few of the company websites I looked at stated that there were very few limitations. So if there's a company out there willing to insure one of our rigs that ain't worth crap according to the Blue Book, but will write a policy for something around what we put into them, then it might a business boom for them.

3. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The easiest way is to have it appraised. If you provide them with receipts and it gets totaled they'll usually give you the money no questions asked. The best policy is to give them pictures and photocopied receipts for them to keep on file.

Keep in mind that it's going to cost you money to do this. Plus, they might have a retarded disclaimer where it doesn't include offroading incidents or trailering incidents.