Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

insurance on a k5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by luk3, Jun 19, 2002.

1. luk3

luk3 1/2 ton status

I will be perchasing a k5 very soon, i am wondering what the insurance on a k5 is, right now im 100 bucks amonth on a 93 lesbre, i was wondering if the k5 is expensive or not, i am 19 which doesnt help.

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Just start gettin quotes from all kinds of Ins Co. then compare.
    And you being young doesn't help + 4X4 is automatic 1 point against your policy if full convert another point with some co. Just shop around you pick out the best deal that way. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

That will vary depending on where you live and which company you choose. Being a male under the age of 25 doesn't help matters, if you're single there's another strike against you. It also depends on the year of your K5. If it makes you feel better a K5 is considered a station wagon by insurance companies. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I pay about $550 a year for full coverage but that is not typical. I live about 20 miles from the nearest town, and only drive it about 5k miles a year. If it is too old they may not provide full coverage for it, just liability.

5. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

My dad restores old BMW's and he uses a collector car insurance company. The company sends a qualified appraiser that actually knows cars out to take note of parts that are rare/nonexistant/custom. He recognized quality of paint, if your engine is rebuilt/modified, suspension modifications, wheels, tires, stereo, etc. The car was appraised at 12,000 and he pays about $140 per year(yes I did say per year)

I'm about to do the same thing with my truck and I'll let you know how it goes.

Evan

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea when i get mine going i was wondering that to. im 16..and have a 84 k5. and when i start to drive that im going to have to pay have the insurance on it..so..sure wish i had it today when we were taking finals at school!! i would have loved to run over all the damn jeeps they had there in the parking lot hahaha...o well...instead i hitched a ride wiht my friend and his bro in his 2001 camaro..so it wasnt all bad!

Bryan-later

7. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I pay less then $425 6 months for full coverage. I do not know that would happen of it was stolen. But i did get paid good for a hit and run on my truck.

8. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

I pay $398 per year full coverage with $250 deductible on my "83 K5.

TK5 in Tennessee

9. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

For modifieds and such it appears (from what I've seen) that Progressive is one of the better companies to look into. Obviously its been awhile since I was 19, but I pay $75 per month for 10 months and 0 for the last 2. That is full coverage. And I pay an additional $15 per month to get an extra $4000 coverage on all the mods. So Im covered for the blue book value est. about $4500 plus $4000= $8500. Which is more than what I could sell it for. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

For got to say, that is for my 91K5 and a 2000 2d accord with one wreck on the honda, and one hit and run on each car.
    Do you recall what kind of coverage you have? I have HI pay outs over (90K on others car and prop), where I work and drive most of the time, the price of the average car is about 35K. The state min here is 20K. If i caused a 2+ wreck might be over what the ins would pay.

11. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

My Blazer was dropped because of its current state of modifications. I'm restoring it so I dropped all the health and property damage crap. The b!tch of an agent said that they can't insure because its not fully assembled. I'm kind of thinking...so?! Its not on the road, whats the concern. My mom bought a '72 chevy shortbox and she loves it death and they won't do comprehensive on it. This month we're switching over to an old buddy of my uncle's who's an American Family agent. He's business is right down the street and he's an old car nut. The '72 and Blazer are no problem he said and the bill will just a little over half of what it was! Apparently our old company wants us to drive this new fangeled SUV crap and pay their outrageous rates.