Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Insurance Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cusm, Jun 9, 2000.

1. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

Anyone know what I have to do to have the description of my truck fixed for insurance purposes? It was origianlly a 4x4 disel, and it is now a 2wd 350. Anyone with a single firing neuron can see what it is, but the insurance co is still charging me the higher rate. How can I get it fixed? Thanks

2. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Seems like all you would have to do is call them and tell them. Have you? I would MAKE them lower my rate.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

3. mike race

mike race 1/2 ton status

There is nothing you can do. Your insurance is based on your VIN# which shows that it is a 4wd diesel.

fix'n finally

4. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Did you have your title or registration changed to the new description? Most insurance company's will use any kind of official proof that the vehicle has been changed. Just telling them doesn't cut it.
    CB

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

It might be worth the extra money to go get your truck appraised at an insurance co. approved appraisal company. The appraiser will make a note of the mods to your unit, and the insurance company might be more inclined to lower your rate based on his report...........Just a thought. I got my half ton appraised a few years ago for 60 bucks.