Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Insurance Question

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by IGOR, Aug 26, 2003.

1. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So - I follow up today with the insurance lady - they will NOT insure the Blazer since it has been lifted. They do not insure modified rigs. They want a picture of the rig - (since lucky me, Oregon Mutual requires pictures on older rigs like mine) and since I was HONEST about my rig being lifted - I cannot insure it unless I drop it to a 4" suspension lift and then Progressive will insure it for like $600 /6 months for liability & comp.

WTF? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I told the lady I see all kinds of brand new trucks as well as old trucks that are lifted running around. She said that the insurance companies most likely do not know about this and the people probably get them lifted after they begin their insurance. At which point if they get in an accident, they risk losing their policy at pay out time.

So - they tried Oregon Mutual, & Progressive - what about any others - anyone know any stupid insurance people out there that won't know the correct questions to ask? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You can try mine, I am insured through American Family Insurance. There's and office right here in Canby. When I put mine on my insurance, they never once asked to see it (or even see pics of it) and never once asked if it was lifted /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

The insurance company Im going through had no problem insuring my Lifted 49 Willys and my 73 Chevy PU.I pay around $150 a month for PL and PD on both.

4. BadBowtie1

Thats who Im going through.

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif There ya go Ben, there's 2 votes for American Family Insurance /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. BadBowtie1

My girlfriend would give you the same reply because she had her lifted Jeep through them too.

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

That makes 3 Ben /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. BadBowtie1

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I am using state farm, they only asked if it was 4 wheel drive and confirmed that it had a "V-8"

So, I told them yes its 4 wheel drive and no it has a supercharged V6... that would have cost more so I told them it has a V8. runs me about $50.00/mo (almost double what it was running me in Portland/Metro)

-Ryan

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

We have all our insurance thru Allstate - not only did they insure the Blazer, they knew it was not only lifted but very special - because I asked them about making sure it was covered with ALL the mods, all they said was make sure you have receipts and/or pictures to back up what you think it is worth. Never had an issue.

You probably know this, but if you put your homeowners and all vehicles on a package deal, you can get good price breaks. Shop Geico, Allstate, State Farm, Met Life, etc.

Keep us posted.

Dang insurance bastids.......... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

my insurance company had me take my truck to their office so they could snap pics of it, and that was that they insured me, 220 a month for fullcoverage... going back to liability though......

12. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

You are on the right path my friend. You can not just answer questions or fill out a check box. These people are dirty dirty bastards. They will look at ant excuse to NOT pay, if something happens to you or you hit something/one you could be up the creek. I have brought my truck to many many stations in the past just to make sure that the damn thing would be covered completely.
    Do a search on hot rod insurance, they have milage and some other requirements but I have heard the companies that provide that kind of coverage are very trust worthy. You may need to get an appraisal, but so what. I have actually been thinking about this for sometime now but just haven't done it yet. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I have also heard of people getting bonded, where no matter what you get into your always covered. However I know nothing about it, or getting it done.

13. BadBowtie1

I know hot rod coverage costs a LITTLE nore thab regular insurance.Yes there is a milage thing with them.But well worth the money if you have a car or truck thats worth a big handfull of money.A friends of mine has 2 all original,numbers matching 67 Corvetts and he has that insurance on them.He's only allowed 2000 miles a year on each of them.The are covered completely.

14. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

My insurance is through Pemco. I only have liablity but they didn't ask any questions & weren't concerned about it. It runs around $25/mo, but we have all the cars, home & life through them so we get a discount.

15. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

ya know ive been looknig for a new insurance company the last couple days...allstate seems to be the most relaxed ive found...cheapest for me and my 3 vehicles...

16. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thanks for all the replies guys-

I'll try State Farm... (or whoever it was you all recommended several posts up - that's who I'll try! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)