Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Insurance

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MrArmyAnt, Feb 8, 2007.

1. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    Found a blazer with a 305 I might buy, not too wirried about engine size because I would like to go diesel at some point. A friend of mine (21) is paying 40 bucks a month for as little coverage possible on his 1000 dollar volvo. I have a decent extended cab chevy, and am paying 300 a month for coverage on anything that could happen.

On the blazer I need the lowest insurance I can fine, it will mostly be off road, and just be on the road trying to get to the offroad places we go. Any suggestions?

2. JC_

JC_ Registered Member

The state min's should be listed at your agents office - you could ask him to quote it. Make sure its enough that you do not end up in jail if you hit / kill someone.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

So long as you have insurance it play no role in whether or not you go to jail for any type of auto accident...

It will however put your belongings of value such as a home at risk if you are in a serious at fault accident...

4. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    That's why I'm insuring it. Technicly it would be the only thing in my name next to what's in my checking account. So really if its at the minimum they could sue me - but it wouldn't even cover speaking with an attorney.