Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

insurance

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Sep 15, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i was wondering, how much would it be for a 16 year old male to run a blazer insurance wise? anyone know...

2. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

tough question to answer. depends on a lot of things -- age, location, the insurance company, the level of coverage you want to carry, etc, etc. will probably be tough to get a solid estimate here unless some member happens to be an insurance agent in your area. wish i could be of more help. probably the best thing to do would be to call an insurance agent and get a quote. you can get quotes on-line as well nowadays -- might want to check that out.

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

hehe...Im 16, have a 89 k5, I dont have full coverage insurance, just the minimum i can get away with in California. My insurance premium for 6 months is close to $900. damn insurance companies

4. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

I got a 78 Chevy pickup with liability-only insurance for $250, I'm 18.

5. cyber_k5

cyber_k5 Newbie

check for discounts

Just like there are safe driver discounts see http://www.insurancepaylite.com they provide insurance quote from other insurance companies heheheh and see how they price! then choose whats best for you! there are also AAA, student discounts, anti-theft device discounts, multi family, and multi policy discounts, etc. You simply have to be willing to request discounts. To do so, contact your insurance company and ask them if you’re entitled.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  6. Propayne

Propayne Registered Member

im 16 in south texas, i pay 125 monthly so 750 bi-annually. if you take a drivers education class here and make decent school grades, you get a discount as well.

7. duanel

duanel Registered Member

hell at 41 insuring two 4x4 is 80 a month. at 16 I would imagine you would pay close to that (if not more) for one. but maybe check proggressive.com (or how ever it is spelled) for a instant quote.

8. cyber_k5

cyber_k5 Newbie

make a deal

youre right! Another way to get your insurance reduced is to negotiate. If you have written quotes from another insurance company then take it to your existing insurer and see if they would be wiling to match it. Many times they are willing to “make a deal” in order to avoid you going elsewhere for your insurance needs. :bow:

9. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm a 16 year old male and I have minimum on my 1985 k1500 and it only costs me $55 a month. Between good grades (10%), taking driver's training classes (you have to anyways here) and watching a stupid hour long movie (another 30%, yeah 30!) I don't have to pay much. Of course it doesn't hurt that my grandma has been w/ the company for as long as I can remember but still, it's all available if you work for it.

-Avery

10. cyber_k5

cyber_k5 Newbie

lucky

wow thats cheap! your're a lucky guy hehehe be sure to keep it.:bow: :haha:

11. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

About $315 a year for my '85 (but I'm older than dirt, with no tickets).

12. cyber_k5

cyber_k5 Newbie

i pay $110 my lowest so far. check http://www.insurancepaylite.com hehe see different insurance companies price

----------------------------------------
    How to start a nursing agency business

It’s no secret that nursing shortage, one that promises to grow to alarming proportions. Too many nurses are retiring, and too few are entering the profession. To compound the problem, within the next 5 to 10 years, over 76 million Baby Boomers are scheduled to retire from the workforce, with only about 44 million Generation X'ers available to pick up the slack. This will soon place unprecedented demands for services on a health system that is already stretched thin.This shortage of allied healthcare professionals, especially nurses have a created a new boom to the nursing agency, nurse registry business, supplemental staffing agency for medical professionals, permanent placement medical recruiter, or starting a business in homecare and staffing pool. The medical staffing industry will continue to grow because of the upcoming baby boomers, and the current supply of nurses are dwindling. The average age for nurses are in the forties, and they are not being replaced by the new generations.

Entrepreneurs have made lucrative business in nursing agency, nursing registry, homecare business, medical recruiter recruiting, or as independent nurse contractor in their own field.The time is now for entrepreneurs to start a nursing agency,nursing registry business, operate a homecare business, or as a medical recruiter or just become an independent healthcare contractor. By being an independent healthcare contractor, you are bypassing the agency and are self employed. Healthcare facilities are the clients. Homecare are regulated by all levels of goverment from local to fedeal level. Homecare levels of regulations depends on the category of service provided to clients. Homecare services ranges from providing just companions or the more medically needed clients such as terminally ill clients. Homecare services can be in the form of social service, non-medical, and medical services.

Nursing Agency, Medical Recruiting and Healthcare Business are one of the most lucrative businesses that a single individual can venture into. Due to the alarming volume of nurse shortages, health care facilities are looking to Nurse Staffing Agencies to fill their short and long term needs. The need for nurses is so high that Nursing Agencies are opening up for business everyday.

Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of business. As the shortage of qualified nurses becomes more pronounced, the need for Nursing Registries is growing faster then ever. Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Clinics, and doctors‘ offices are looking for alternatives to their staffing needs, and with the ever-increasing nursing shortage, you have the opportunity to start a successful business with limitless possibilities. Because of the baby boomers, which require increase medical assistance, and the shortage of medical professionals makes this profession to grow rapidly.

How To Start Your Own Nursing Staffing Agency is a comprehensive guide on how to start a Nurse Agency, Nursing Registry, Nurse Staffing Agency, Healthcare Services, Homecare Services, Nursing Home, Medical Recruiting or become an Independent Nurse Contractor, Independent RN Contractor.

You don't have to be a nurse to start or establish your own Nurse Agency or Nurse Staffing Agency. All you need is our packages and the desire to be self employed. This is the only industry where there will always be a shortage. There is never a fear for competition. Get our packages now and you can be in business in less than a week. It is time for any ambitious person to tap into this multi billion dollar industry.
    So if you consider owning your own business as a way to:

Work for yourself.
    Stop commuting.
    Work from home
    Spend more time with family.
    Be successful
    Gain more time and money
    Set your own hours.

A nurse recruiter is a recruiter that finds qualified nurses to fill permanent positions in health care facilities for a RETAINED FEE usually 25 - 30% of the nurses annual income.
    see: http://www.startanursestaffingagency.com

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  13. 71 Blazer

71 Blazer 1/2 ton status

I pay $46 a month for my 71 blazer AND my 95 civic. Liability only, payed in full for the year, and get a discount for having my house insurance through them. Try to stick with the smaller companies, the large ones will raise their rates over the whole country if their is a flood or tornado that is big enough to make them loss money, no matter where it is. I used to have State Farm, they used to raise my rates all the time.

14. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

Im 16 and have an 84 but i took drivers ed and have the good student discount. and i pay i think 1200 a year

15. onetonbb74

onetonbb74 1/2 ton status

146 a month and im a 24 year old with a sh**y driving record and a multi car discount, and im in cali

16. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I know when I insured mine when I was 16 it was higher then normal because it was an "SUV". It was low then it went up because I took it off and on the insurance for a summer. It was down to 800 a year but I think it dropped a few hundred more now, and thats with all the good driving crap you can get, get good grades.