Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Insureance

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by royjones, Jul 8, 2005.

1. royjones

royjones Trucker upper Premium Member

Hello every one can anyone tell me were to get insureance on my chevy its a 76 fullsize 15 inch lift with 49 in iroks the first time i had it out the police pulled me over and asked for regs an insureance papers didnt say a word about the bumpers being 40 plus inches off the ground or the three milk crates that i zip tieed together to get an out :haha: :eek1:

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

usually a insurance company :rolleyes:

Post up some pics of your truck, id like to see it :wink1:

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Sounds cool, got any pics?

:wink1:

4. royjones

royjones Trucker upper Premium Member

Yes i have pics but dont have them down loaded also the insureance people want to see the truck

5. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Sounds like my beast (less the 49's) before I put did the 52/56 swap on it :D

Ours is insured thru AIG, we just gave them the VIN and nothing more. We have liability only on it, and it gets driven so rarely (if ever) on the street I'm not too concerned.

-Mike

6. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Are you wanting to put full coverage (comp, coll, tow, rental) or just liability on it? I can't imagine why they would want to see it if it's just liability only.

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

:D Exactly - just give them the VIN, tell them what brand & model it is and forget about the "huge ass tire" comments.

You can probably get liability only over the phone, which will keep you legal. Comp and collision aren't going to pay you anyway once they realize what it looked like before the accident.

8. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Are there insurance companies that have a buggy, offroad only, classic car policies for our trucks? I was thinking there might be something that lets you get a lower priced policy if you only drive it a certain amount of miles a year or it can be classified as something other than a primary mode of transportation but still keep it as a daily driver?