Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Intake Help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5experience, Mar 11, 2000.

1. K5experience

K5experience Registered Member

A few days ago I bought a Holly intake manifold and tonight I went to put it on and guess what it doesn't fit. I can get one row of bolts in but not the other and same if I do it the opposite way.The tag on the box says that it will work for my truck but it doesn't. Anybody ever have this problem before? I'm going to take it back in the morning and buy a Edelbrock intake and try that out,never heard anything bad about them. So if anyone has ever had this problem or heard of it before could you give me a little help before I strangle my wife for naging me to have this done before monday. Thanks

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

How far off are the opposite bolt holes? Sometimes with aftermarket manifolds, they are slightly off and you can just drill the hole a little wider to the side it needs to be. I know when I installed my Edelbrock Performer Intake, I had to modify the alternator bracket to get it to fit. Hope this helps

3. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

2101 is the part number for the small block chevy non-EGR intake. mine cost me $100 new. i put in on my 305 and it runs great. also put on a holley rebuilt rochester quad and dual 40 series flowmasters. btw, holley owns rochester now.

4. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

if you decide to drill it out be sure to make sure that the intake fits into the valley tightly before you drill, the last thing you'd want to do is drill out the holes just to find out that you've got a massive vacuum leak because the manifold doesn't fit right. I've got an edelbrock on mine and love it but like waxer said, the alternator bracket needed to be drilled out just a bit
    '77 K5

<font color=red>mudfanatic</font color=red>[​IMG]

5. Blaze81

Blaze81 Registered Member

Used a Weiand on mine. Runs like a champ, matches up perfect. Used an Edelbrock on brother-in-laws, again, runs great matched up perfect.

Put all your money into your Blazer, your wife(or spouse) can make their own! Just Kidding!!!

6. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Same thing happened to me with my new Edelbrock #2101. I don't know if it was because I got it cheap on Ebay, but it did look new when I got it.

The thing is that I could bolt four corners, but the center four didn't bolt. I went nuts a whole day thinking that I was the crappy mechanic-wanna-be who wasn't able to align the gaskets properly. When my frustration reached its peak, I had to call a friend of mine who is a mechanic. After trying for himself, he told me it wasn't really my fault but that the holes were misaligned. We drilled all the holes 1/32" larger and problem solved.

When drilling them, go one step larger at a time or you might crack the manifold. And don't push the drill all the way through. Go slowly (but fast RPM), or it will jam and that might also crack it.

I say go with the Edelbrock Performer manifold anyway. I don't know which Holley you bought, but I'm very happy with the Edelbrock, and most of the competition engines I've seen on magazines (for low-end torque) usually carry the Edelbrock Performer.

Hope this helps.

<font color=purple>////////
    Go 79s!!!
    </font color=purple>[​IMG]