Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Intake manifold installation

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Zooman, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Zooman

Zooman Registered Member

I have a couple of questions about intalling an intake manifold on a 350.
    I didn't use that rubber gaskets on the front or back on the engine-my eldebrock maunal that came with my manifold says not to use them. I put some silicone gasket stuff.
    Will this work no problem? I also realized after I put the manifold on that the silicone is non hardening. I am thinking now that I should have used some stuff that hardens. What do you guys think??
    If I have to put some different silicone on can I re-use the intake gaskets I put on??
    Thanks for the help.
    Matt

2. YtseJam

YtseJam 1/2 ton status

What type of RTV did you use? It sounds like you used an anaerobic sealer. I would use -The Right Stuff made by permasex, or the RTV GM parts departments carry- used to be GMS. Also the Mopar RTV is great too. I personally wouldn't re-use the intake gaskets.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Sounds like permatex non hardening gasket maker. I used black "gorilla snot" (non hardening) on the head and intake surfaces but on the ends where the rubber gaskets go I used RTV grey in their place. The Right Stuff is supposed to be really good too.

4. Zooman

Zooman Registered Member

Yep thats the stuff I used.
    Thanks guys I appreciate the help. I will yank off the intake again tomorrow and do it right.