Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Intake Manifold Question?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by duece21, Apr 15, 2004.

1. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Seen a couple posts about manifolds and was wondering if this Manifold worth the money over stock tbi manifold. I had a coolant leak around my manfiold and tore it down to find out when the PO installed the gasket it had bent over. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Oh well what can ya do? Just wondering if anyone has some experience or input. I have it off now and have the time.

Thanks for any help
    Jesse

2. chevy_tuff

chevy_tuff Registered Member

2 barrel?

3. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

its a throttle body injection manifold, so yes its a two barrel. I would think it would be better as it has a built in plenum spacer, and it wouldnt hold as much heat. The runners should flow better than stock. i was looking at one for my 305, but then i decided on putting a 400 in instead.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I rebuilt a 350 TBI engine for a buddy and used that manifold and the Edelbrock TBI cam that goes with it. The engine came out running very well. Had lot better usable power. Did not have to change the stock chip either.