Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

intake manifold

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CenTxk5blazer, Aug 20, 2003.

1. CenTxk5blazer

CenTxk5blazer Registered Member

I've got an 84' 350. The previous owner, or original owner, put an edelbrock carb on and blocked the EGR valve. They also removed the solenoid and a few other items along the way.

Anyways I've replaced the edelbrock carb with a holley and want to upgrade the manifold to an edelbrock performer. Should I forgo buying one with an EGR and just get one w/o the EGR?

2. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

If you don't have to worry about smog laws/checks then get the non-egr..

3. CenTxk5blazer

Does anybody know or can direct me to some part #'s for the EGR?

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Going to have to go to GM or an auto parts store, EGR valves seemed to be fairly vehicle specific...have a feeling they are "calibrated" for each engine combination.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i can getyoua good used one,i remove and junk them all the time here any 80s 305 one will bolt on even 70s too,the diapragm size changed a coupel times is all, but not the mounting, i thinkit depended on whether the engine was 2 or 4bbl(car or truck) im pretty sure
    i have the two bolts and spacer and a new soft "lead" coated gasket seal too. i have a good working 83 305 EGR setup here, so.. been needingto remove it fromthe engine, its daily driver all EST and ECM system still connected and working and everything,
    package deal ? doyou have access to factory mechanical fan and spacer and bolts for an 82-85 factory 5.0L v-8 firebird by chance ?

what did they used toblock yours,steel,or ? bolted on,or ? imight want the plate, if its strong,we dont have even baasic inspectionin IL, let alone smog checks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I know there are 2 different mounting styles. One used 2 bolts on either side of the EGR and the other is the same as a Distributor hold down. I blocked off mine on my QJet manifold by cutting the diaphragm part off welding up the holes. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif The EBrock Performer I will install tomorrow has I think an aluminum block off plate. All my emissions stuff is coming off and I do have inspections, having friends with them and your own inspection license can be nice.

7. CenTxk5blazer

dyeager535

The only problem with that is the original owner replaced the 305 that it came with originally with one of GM's basic 350 block or crate. I have to find the paperwork that I got, when I bought it, to be certain.

R72K5

Thanks for the offer but I think I'd rather just get a new one. They guy used a flimsy piece of metal that is held on by a couple of bolts and screws. It could part of the diaphragm.

Every inspection station that I've been to at least looks for the AIR system but never really checks for the EGR. And I believe in a couple of years were going to have a "sniffer" check included in the inspection process.