Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Intake Manifold

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Me89'Jimmy, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I pulled the heads of my 350 last night, the only problem is i managed to get dirt in nearly every oriface of every part of my engine, head, intake and Throttle body, /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, since the heads are going to the machine shop i need to clean up the bloody mess i made, my question is, can i put my entire manifold with throttle body still attached into a parts washer and get decent results, or am i askin for trouble, also which would be better to use, kerosine or pure alcohol to clean out the ports, throttle parts etc. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Quick update, does anyone know anything about Pro Topline heads, the machine shop said they found a set of performance heads that would be cheaper to throw in than having my stocks, ported, new springs, guides the whole bit. I searched but to no avail. Lemme know, thanks.

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Id'e pull the throttle body off before cleaning.

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

WSeperate the throttle body. You can blow the intake out with air or even water.

Spray the TB with carb cleaner, and look it over.

Did you get anything into the cylinders? A shop vac is good for getting most of it out, and follow up with rags, or paper towels. Be careful around the rough casting areas, as the rags or p. towels will leave crap behind.

Just take your time, all is still good....

4. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

i got a couple of clumps of crap in the cylinder and a fair amount in the center of the block, the area thats under the intake manifold, and just to be on the safe side prolly got some down into the oil pan. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Re the pro toplines. I have not heard anything bad abuot them. A buddy of mine just put a set on his SBC race car. Got it up and running. Likes them so far but he has not raced them yet.
    The SBC torkers are only around 500 bucks not bad for a set of new heads.
    I am thinking of getting a set for my Mustang.
    http://www.protopline.com/index.asp