Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Intake size question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigBurban350, Jun 9, 2003.

1. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

I have an 84' 305 engine that I just got done porting the heads on. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifNow is a 350 intake got larger runners then a 305's? The ports were larger on the intake then the heads, now the heads are slightly bigger so I want to match it up with an "if so" larger 350 intake.

OR! Should I put this on and wait until I got money for an edlebrock performer intake?

I want to stick with dual plane manifolds for the torque.

2. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

Wait for the Edelbrock Performer. You will get much better throttle response and driveability from the Edelbrock. The stock 350 manifold isn't worth wasting your time.

3. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

What he said ^^^^^^^^

4. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Okay, ill have to settle with the stock until winter /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

THE 350 MANIFOLD YOU HAVE WILL BOLT RIGHT ON TO YOUR 305. THE 350 ONE COULD VERY WELL HAVE LARGER RUNNER WHICH COULD HELP YOUR MID RPM BUT SLIGHTLY HURT YOUR LOW RPM, DUE TO THE VELOCITY OF THE AIR/FUEL. IF YOUR NOT WORRIED ABOUT LOSING A LITTLE DOWN FOR GAINING A LITTLE UP TOP, AND YOU HAVE THE TIME, THROW IT ON. JUST PORT MATCH THE CYLINDER HEADS TO THE INTAKE, THIS WAY ITS ALREADY DONE WHEN YOU EVENTUALLY GET YOU EDELBROCK. I PERSONALLY WOULDN'T WASTE MY TIME PUTTING IT ON IF YOUR GOING TO SWITCH TO EDELBROCK ANYWAY, UNLESS IT IS A FACTORY PERFORMANCE MANIFOLD OR IF IT ALUMINUM.

6. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Wait for the edelbrock, unless that's a Z-28 manifold. Port the openings on the heads and the intake to the gasket, and you will be set....