Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Intake tube inside cab?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TruckNutzDude, Nov 21, 2004.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I recently made some half doors and sawzalled the entire rear floor/top/inner fenders/tailgate and inner bed sides on my K5. I have no heat or A/C anymore (just a huge opening!) and I am planning on adding some kind of snorkle system to my Blazer. What are the pros and cons of having the intake tube go through the firewall where the A/C used to be and breathing air from inside the cab? Will I be getting sick and dizzy even with all the open air I'm exposed to? I plan on cutting the roof off when I get my cage in so there will really be nothing keeping the fumes anywhere near me. I just don't need another piece of the truck sticking out on the side that can be ripped off when I'm up against a tree or rock... but I need a snorkle or some kind of water preventative for when I go through really deep water. I figure I can always add an internal snorkle system that will go through the dash and tie onto the cage at some point, but for now I just want to move the intake somewhere other than in the engine compartment. Give me some ideas. Thanks guys... /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Other than the noise it would probably be fine. It's probably not for everyone.

3. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

you shouldnt have any problems as far as fumes goes i sugest you look at offroad designs 5k they used 6" pipe and directed it through the firewall and back behind the driver seat route it high cuz without the rest of your blazer there just comeing into the cab and ending wont provide much water protection

willow /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif 5k=K5 by the way ha!