Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interchangable parts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jackyl, Jan 24, 2002.

1. jackyl

jackyl Registered Member

I was wondering what years the headlights/grill are interchangable. What years fit on say an 80 blazer from trucks, suburbans, jimmys, and trucks?

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

It depends on 2 or 4 headlights. '73-'79 Blazers, pick-ups and 'burbs are pretty much bolt on swaps....I think '80 had the first square headlights so it's kind of an oddball. '81-'88(maybe '89) Blazers and 'burbs are swap-able. In '88 the pick-up changed to new style. '90-'91 Blazers and 'burbs went to the small headlight style. Any of the above can be swapped with enuff parts. Get an LMC catalog and you can see all the diferent styles, years, etc.

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

The big thing with the "80" model was the squar headlight's but those were only on the Silverado trim package. The Scottsdale and Cheyenne still had round headlight's. Also the headlight bezel was intergated with the turn signal bezel, they only did this on the 79 and 80 models. As for the grill I'm not sure but I do know that the 73-74 maybe even 75 had a grill that was more recessed but as far as the mounting is conserned I'm not sure.
    Corey 78K5

4. jackyl

jackyl Registered Member

What If I had a 79 blazer. Could I swap the 4 headlight and grill into it?

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yes, with a complete front eng change.
    it was written up a while ago...
    i dunno if it is still there or not

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Not with the stock front wrap (hood, fenders).you would want to change your whole frontend to late 80's to early 90's front wrap and that could get pretty pricey.
    Corey 78K5

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well really the 79 still uses the same turn signal as the previous models. The bezel was extended but you can swap the 79 bezel onto and 73-79 without anything else. Add the lower stainless extension on the area between the grill and bumper and the inner grill and a 73 would look like a 79.
    80 was different. I think it still uses the same core suport and the 73-79 but the head light bucket is different to accomidate the square light if so equipped. Then the turnsignal was different to match the square headlight bezel. 81 up was a major front clip change. They went to a fixed cowel peice. to swap a 81 up front onto a 80 or older you will need to swap all sheet metal, winsheild wiper linkages to get the taller version that will stick through the cowel peice and modify the cowel box to acceped the newer style hood hinges.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper