Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interco rant

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by moneypit, Nov 10, 2003.

1. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

I have purchased approx 30 swampers over the last 3-4 years and I can say they are always a hassle. Everytime I buy 5 I get at least 1 square tire or 1 that needs 28 oz. of weight. I just recently bought 5 35x12.5x16" SSR's for the tow rig cause I need the E load rating for the DMAX CC and they have replaced 2 already and it still shakes. Shoot I have38.5SX's on 1 of my other trucks that drive smoother. So I called Interco and I guess I am nobody cause they say I have to talk to who I bought themn from. They do not even take complaints. I have 15 swampers at my house rightg now that I wouldn't mind pithcing for distance. The tire dealer is pretty pissed cause they say Interco takes 4-6 months to issue call tags for the tires so they have to buy them now and eat it cause they do not want to store bad tires. For the money that I spend I think they should have some way to recieve feedback before they lose business from lots of angry people. I mean how hard is it to make a ROUND tire /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Especially if they are radials with a E load rating. People buy these for a reason. Anyone else know of a E load rating 35/315 x16? I would expect this from bias ply like my SX's but not from SSR's. Some have 4-6oz's some have almost 30 oz.... JUst had to rant... Hey someone send this to BFG /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Or better yet INTERCO /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah I know offroad tires aren't the easiest to balance but why is there such a big difference from one tire to another? What all goes into it that there is that big a variable between 2 tires of the same make, size, style and all.

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Not defending the tire companys, but most tire shops are to lazy to try and reorient the tire to that rim, or even try a different rim for that tire. Maybe a LOT of these problems could be avoided if a tire sales place took a bit of pride in their work and tried to satisfy the customer instead of rushing back to their goof off time....

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

this is true, reorienting to a rim makes sense, rims can be pretty out of whack sometimes too. can you say bb fix? my 39.5s will be saying it.

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had to deal with interco with my SSR's which 2 of them seperated and only had about 3K on them. Then they tried to pro rate me and go by list price instead of what I actually paid for them. I got fawkin pissed and called the head broad and laid it down to her that I am extremely upset with the quality of their SSR and that it should be their #1 priority to make sure the customer is happy. She finally gave me 2 new SSR's strait across. The problem with interco is that they have the offroad sport by the balls. They are by FAR the most popular 4x4 tire off and on the road. Really what else are you going to run off road in big sizes, Mickey tomphson? baaahhhhaaaa! they suck. anyway they don't seem to care if they piss off a customer because they have 5 more in line. Their tires are expensive and are probably ripping us. But no one else makes a tire like a bogger or TSL so what are you going to do. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My solution is to just not drive my swampers on the road. What's the point? They wear fast and are loud and some of them are out of round. What sense does it make to burn them up on the road?

I think I've made my one and only long trip on my Swampers. I'd much rather just slap some all-terrains on, drive to the trail, and swap them out, or just trailer my rig. It's just not worth it to me to burn up $1k of tires on the road.

7. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

When I got my 35" BFG mud terrain tires they reoriented them until it went from 18oz to 1/2 os... dont think that's bad practice.

8. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Rims are 6mo old. You can see the out of roundness or high spot when they spin balance them. They have spun them on the wheels a cuople of times that is why they have replaced some. I had the same issue at 4WPW 29 oz of weight balanced at "0" and hopped down teh freeway. They replaced it and it went away. I spent 2g's that time and it was like milking a cow to get them to replace 1. I had better luck getting them to replace 4 for CHUNKING. They only charged me for the labor. Hmmm...

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I will be doing this as well. If I drive the K5 daily at all I will change tires for the TSLs just for the trail.

10. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

I tried calling but I am not a business so they would not talk to me. How or who did you contact and would you mind sharing it with me? PM me if needed. Thanks- /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

********** running around crazy with my small trailer trying to catch all the tires your pitching *************

i know what your going through, i wont say what other company ( micky t ) did the same thign to me

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I will be doing this as well. If I drive the K5 daily at all I will change tires for the TSLs just for the trail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect idea IMO. Keeps the TSLs fresh and deep for the trail and saves your ears and back from the noise and rough ride. I just wish someone would make a tall skinny all terrain that wasn't $300.

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I haven't looked into it but I think Goodyear 37" GSAs would be a good daily tire.

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Possible. Wonder about the price tag. I've already found a place that'll do $145 a tire on BFG A/Ts.

15. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    bla, bla, bla, interco sucks bla, bla, bla, i'm pissed

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be able to help you out.

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

what size are those ATs? I don't know price tag will call around or maybe someone here knows. Thats waht I mean I never looked into it yet. I know I could get 37 MT/Rs for like 175 a tire. ok 226 a tire on tirerack for 37x12.50x17s. 17s wouldn't work for me.

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

35x12.50R15 BFG A/Ts 145 a piece here at a local NTB.

MT/Rs will wear out twice as fast as an A/T. I'd really like an A/P tire but NONE come that big. 33s yes, 35s nope.

18. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

damn gs-a only come in 37x12.50x17

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

17" wheels are $$$$$ if you didn't already know. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah thats why it wouldn't work