Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interco TrXus STS tires definately work!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudzer, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Tested the tires at Disney this weekend. We did a mix of climbing solid rock ledges, rock boulder crawling, and some muddy trails which were straight up and down (ask anyone who drove them) and my STS' never slipped once. They outperformed my truck! During the trail run, we crawled up several crevasses which were very deep. Once the truck was level in the crevasse, you could stand under the rear bumper in the center of the crevasse! So, you definately needed side bite to keep centered. They never once slipped. We drove trails with 44" tire sized ruts. On several occasions I tried to climb out of the ruts and all it took was a turn of the wheel and it would steer out without a problem. I aired them down to 8 psi and the sidewalls flexed very well. They are spongy at this pressure, but work great. I am very impressed with the performance of these tires. In fact, I may sell the Boggers and run these full time. There were several "Seasoned" wheelers on this run and they are impressed with these tires as well. I will try to post photos adn video of the tires in action.

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I'm sold!

Can't wait to put a set of these on my FunBuggy! When will they be available?

Marv

3. Mudzer

Marv,

Not sure about the availability. I will call my contact and find out for you and repost.

Neil

4. 79k20

79k20 1/2 ton status

<font color=orange>Good to hear. I might have to get me a set of them someday.</font color=orange>

5. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Hey Neil. What size where you running? Sounds like the perfect tire.

6. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

On <a target="_blank" href=http://www.intercotire.com>www.intercotire.com</a> they classify them as an all terrain or sand tire. Sounds like they under estimated them.

Evan

7. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

Neil has the 38's I believe.

8. Mudzer

They are 38"x15.5" wide for 15" rim. I have them mounted on a 15x10 rim with standard offset.

Yes, Interco did market them initially as a Sand/Snow/All-terrain tire, but I wanted to test them for Interco to imphasize the "All Terrain" designation. Most people who look at them say "They dont look like a very good Mud tire", first of all - Interco makes the best mud tires on the planet. Secondly, these tires do work great in the sloppy stuff. If it were gumbo mud, there is probably not a tire out there that works absolutely perfect. They all hold mud at slow tire speeds, unless you own a Mud Drag car with an 800 inch motor spinning the tires!

Heres proof of their "mudability". I have a set of Boggers, and I have yet to see my Boggers pull me out of a muddy rut sideways. Try this sometime: Pull into a rut made by a 44" tire, which is full of water. Stop in the deepest part of the rut, then turn the wheels to the bumpstops in either direction. Then apply easy throttle and see if your tires will crawl out of the rut. Well, these tires did! In numerous cases they excelled my expectations. I did not add any balance weight to the tires. Just mounted them as they were and drove over 15 hours of highway time without a problem.

I haven't tested them in Sand or Snow, but I would say if that is what Interco designed them for, they should do great.

I tested mine at 8 psi and they seem to have pretty squishy sidewalls at this pressure. The footprint definately gets bigger at this pressure though, so they should work great on sand around the 8-10 psi range. I would be willing to bet since they have a wide profile, they probably could be ran at an even higher pressure on sand. All I know, I am very impressed with these tires. Im selling my Boggers and using these full time. Can't wait to wheel with them again.

9. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

Do you have any pictures of these tires. They always look different then the pics on the interco web site.

Evan

10. Mudzer

11. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

how much you want for the boggers?/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

It doesn't matter what he wants for the Boggers, the storage fees have already surpassed their value...
    Wouldn't you agree Neil?
    jk

13. Mudzer

Outrageous! Shagz will be upset when he finds out you are charging him storage! Besides, if they were mounted on 8 lug rims, you would have them on your Blazzo in a second! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

By the way guys, the Boggers are sold!

14. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

well, they went quickly. Its ok, I really want 39's anyway......

15. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I finally saw an add in the new issue of Petersons 4 wheel &amp; offroad this month...Tyres International has them for sale and a pic of them. I thought the prices looked very reasonable, was I seeing things??

They list 21/44-15's for $229...these are 21 inch wide 44 inch tall tires right? Isnt that pretty dang cheap for 44's??? Misprint or is that real?

16. Mudzer

I think the pricing is much cheaper on these tires.

17. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

That is pretty sweet then, esp if they work as good as people are saying. Of coarse once the 4x4 magazines test them and say they are great the price will probably go way up...maybe not /forums/images/icons/smile.gif