Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interest check, possible for sale on my 1991 K5

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by 1991K5, Jul 16, 2004.

1. 1991K5

1991K5 Registered Member

I've decided that it may be time to buy something a little more economical for now and something easier to haul kids around in so I'm checking to see if anyone here is interested in my K5 who will lift it and beat it as I had planned to do but will be unable to for the foreseeable future.

1991 K5 w/ Silverado package
    Almost 187,000 miles, mostly highway, not sure if motor or tranny have been replaced.
    350 TBI motor, uses only about 1/2 a quart or so between changes last I checked, runs good, no leaks known.
    4L60/700R4 tranny that shifts smooth and doesn't leak fluid.
    NP241 tcase, works fine, no leaks.
    Cold A/C with no leaks.
    Power windows, locks, tilt, cruise.
    Stock AM/FM/cassette radio, 6x9 speakers in boxes in the rear.
    Trailer hitch
    31x10.5 General Grabber tires

<font color="red"> Things that have been replaced. </font>
    Alignment done in late 2003.

New water pump in July of 2003

New battery sometime in the middle of last year

New platnium spark plugs in 2002

New spark plug wires in 2003

Rear axle was rebuilt with new bearings and bushings around 2001 due to a worn carrier bearing, also had new rear seal in tcase put in at the same time.

<font color="red"> Known problems: </font>
    Body has rust (don't they all in the midwest) mostly on the pass side rocker panel which is getting bad, and pass side door on the lower edge, a spot on the top side of the cab near driver door (how this happened I have no idea), rear fenders have some paint boiling and rust on the lower part at the rear. Front fenders are in good shape with no problems last I saw.

The driver side rear window is cracked, been like this for a year now and doesn't leak and probably will never present a problem, but a easy fix for someone with time and glass.

Interior has wear fitting to mileage, dash has some cracks, and carpet needs a good cleaning, and the headliner doing that thing they always do, but not too bad overall.

Speedometer just quit working yesterday, probably sensor, but haven't looked at it yet.

Tires have about 40k and could probably be replaced as the rears that were on the front got some wear on the edges from the alignment shop that totally screwed up the alignment instead of doing it right.

Has a vibration at 65+ mph, I think one of the rear tires threw a weight off but haven't had time to take it to a shop to have it checked.

Don't let the problems discourage you, I just want any possible buyer to know exactly how the truck is. I drive this everyday to work for the last 4 years and drive 60 miles on the highway twice a week and it's never left me stranded. I hate to sell it since it's so reliable, but at this time I need something to drive daily more fitting to my lifestyle. I can get new pictures if anyones really interested. I don't know how much it's worth, KBB says about $2,000 with its mileage and condition. It is located in Wichita, Kansas.

2. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

id like to see a pic. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 1991K5

1991K5 Registered Member

Ok, tossed up the old pictures from 2001 here . Will see about taking some new ones this weekend or if anyone is interested in any particular ones.

4. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

any pics of the rusty spots?

5. 1991K5

1991K5 Registered Member

Not yet, but I'll take some this weekend