Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interesting article about the war

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shaggy, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Don't judge me for reading this site, I read it for balance since the US media is inherently biased. Anyways, this article gives an interesting perspective on the war in Iraq and Saddam Hussein.

http://www.arabnews.com/Article.asp?ID=25042
    </font>

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Good article.

Nothing wrong with that site I check it out every now and then to see how the otherside thinks. Although they tell both sides the tend to be a little biased to to there side. But all in all a good site to read. If you want to see some whacos I can PM you a site with a bunch of Liberal conspiarcy theroy (i.e. the US military staged 9/11) kind of site.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't judge me for reading this site, I read it for balance since the US media is inherently biased. Anyways, this article gives an interesting perspective on the war in Iraq and Saddam Hussein.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting reading i guess... here is my fav part...

"Although Syria’s Golan has been under Israeli occupation, not a shot was ever fired against the Jewish state from Syrian territory."

LOL!!!! first of all, this may be a bad translation or something... but the reason the golan HEIGHTS were occupied in the 1st place is because the syrians were able to fire long range artillery from there down onto israel. Forget which war it was where the israelis took the heights, but before that time shots were definitely "fired" from syrian soil.

even if the statement is true since the israelis have held the heights, its a complete joke. The syrians have supported anti-israeli terrorist groups few years. They train in the syrian desert, and the syrian government is completely aware of this and support the activity. They have OFFICES with signs on their doors, phone numbers and fax lines in Damascus. These terrorists may not attack from syria... but if not its only because syria knows israel can kick their butt. The syrians aren't stupid, they are smart enuff to send their attackers through Lebanon on their way to attacking Israel... much safer that way.

anyway, interesting "spin" on syrias relationship to israel to be sure...

j

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I'm definately not saying that that site is not biased, it is definately biased, but it helps to create a balance. I read news from both liberal and conservative sources also, just so I can see the different spins on it. The truth generally resides somewhere in between... </font>