Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interesting Day...Lots o pics.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Brians89K5, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

So my buddy from La was out the otherday and wanted to take his Jeep out. He never has been able to take it out for any wheelin so I say sure. Lets go beat up our trucks. I live right down the hill from Cleghorn pass which is a fun little trail. Its basically a fire trail with a bunch of sister trails that branch off and eventually meet back. I know the area fairly well so I lead knowing what not to get his jeep into. (it was stock so would have clearance issues) I take him up and down some moderate stuff and he starts getting a little head strong. Somehow or another along the trail he gets in front of me and starts to lead. About 5 minutes into his leading expedition he gets us on a quad trail which was WAYY to small for my truck and was way to rutted up for his truck. Unfortunately he wasn't looking far enough ahead so we couldn't turn back. There was a couple of spots where if I handn't been hanging off the side of his roll bar his truck would have flopped over. I ended up playing spot and teaching him where the good lines were, but my god he shouldn't have been on the trails he found. He was way to in-experienced.
    My poor truck had a hell of a time on those quad trails because of her girth. Thats why I had named her Bertha. She's big and fat. Well I ended up stuffing my drivers side wheel into the wheel well bending the crap out of it and almost tossed her on her side twice trying to creap down a mountain that gave me 2 inches of clearance on both sides. I riped off my beauty ring off of the front left fender as well. As I was dropping off a rock embankment my truck pitched to the left slamming my drivers side rear quarter into the dirt wall that I was inches from giving Bertha her first trail wound. I also ended up bending my cross link for my stearing a bit so she needs an alignment now... I had a good time though, aside from almost flopping my truck. Heh. Guess its time to break out the :hack: and maybe move the axle forward a bit. Also I think my truck is going to be flat black here pretty soon that way the metal thats now exposed wont rust up. Heres some pre carnage pics Ill get some of the wounds up today. Hope you enjoy.

Oh yeah, Ill take a poll, how many of you think I should hack the truck up and paint it black or go to earlsheib and have em re-shoot it white again? The paint was already starting to flake off.

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

2. Brians89K5

3. Brians89K5

my pic files seem to be too big. MOre coming up shortly after resize...

Jeepsmall.JPG

Blazersmall.JPG

Bigblazsmall.JPG

SmallSnow.JPG

Coolsmall.JPG

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

looks like fun!

5. Brians89K5

Believe it or not... I was very suprised with the little heep. I figured we were going to have leave it where it flopped, burn it and collect insurance. lol

6. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

Looks fun. Enjoy your truck the way it is a little more before you hack it:wink1: . I miss driving mine on the street a little. Mine looked just like yours and now not a straight body panel or anything that would make one believe it still only has 86k on her:eek1: .

7. Brians89K5

I have 147k on the clock with bertha now. I am hesitant to hack her up too much, but I have seen some really good fender cut jobs done. The trucks still looked great. Im thinking about getting some fiberglass fenders. They seem to be cut further back and still look clean.

~Brian

8. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I vote for minor trimming and keep it white. That puppy picture rocks, beautiful animal.

9. Brians89K5

Hey thanks, thats my wheelin partner and best friend Miller. He's a year old and LOVES the truck and the woods. :) Labs are the greatest creatures on the planet. Also, I've trimmed the fenders back to the inner fender wells. Any idea how to get a wee bit more out of em?

~Brian

10. Brians89K5

Someone here in cali wanna help me paint my truck? :D

~Brian

11. hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Where are the damage pictures?

12. Brians89K5

Ill snap some today. It isn't as bad as I thought it was, but still down to the metal.

~Brian