Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interesting day yesterday :)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

So I get the new 38 TSLs on my truck on Friday.
    I am downtown in the tim Hortons drivethru, when I hear on the CB... "can anybody hear me?"
    So I answer him... its one of the Jeep guys from my club. He is out playin in the snow, and really having a hard time. I head his direction not really knowing what to expect from these tires. I turn the corner, snow is about 12" deep. There he is, pushing snow not moving very much at all, trying to climb a 20* hill. So, I drive down beside him, turn around, pull Thumper in front of him, toss him the rope and proceed to drag him back to the road! His CJ-7 is on 36" Buckshots. So, he thanks me, and I go home.
    Around 10pm, the phone rings. Another friend from work... he is in a field and gotten his quad stuck, tried to drive his stock Ford out to get the quad and its stuck. So out I go again... I drive up to this quad, its buried totally in near 18" of snow in an open field and he cant move. So, out goes the rope, and I pull him back to the road to go get his Ford. its about 30 yards into the field, snow up over the front bumper, so I winch him out and head home $20.00 richer and VERY happy with the performance of my new tires! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

If these things work as well on the rocks and in the mud, I will be a very happy camper! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Now we are heading out wheeling in an hour, so will get some pics of her performing!
    Later
    Mike

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Don't forget pics /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Good Deal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

If I remeber they are the 38x13x16 right? If so, they are great on rocks, I have mine carpet knife siped and they walk right up rocks.

I had an open D44 with a funky hub and one tire against a tall vertical rock and the other on ground and it went right up. Of course I didn't want to drive one tire to the top of a five foot tall rock and break something or flip over so I let off the gas and it fell straight down and mushed my fender..... I have a picture somewhere....

[​IMG]

Ok see the tracks leading to that rock, thats whe one I went up and got a crinkle on