Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

interesting discovery in the movie hooper

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scrappyk5, Jul 6, 2003.

1. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i was watching the movie hooper ( burt reynulds as a stunt man ) , well in one part when they were going down the highway and burt whipped around that 1/2 ton stepside , when he was driving backwards i noticed that they actually
    took the whole body off the frame and turned it around. so it might have looked like the truck was going backward , it really wasnt,. pretty cool , lol
    anybody else ever notice it?

2. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

That is pretty interesting.

3. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

Now I have to go buy Hooper!!! I watch Smokey and the Bandit at least 2 or 3 times per week, so Hooper would be a nice change of pace. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Burt Reynolds kinda turned out to be a Dirtbag, but back in 'The Day' he was awesome. I always admired him for doing his own stunts, or really moreso for being a stuntman that turned actor. I've always been very proud of my ability to 'Stunt Drive' (I know, I know, what Guy out there DOESN'T think he's the best Stunt Driver ever???), and wished I could make a living at it.

Put the body on backwards, eh? I'll check it out.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BlazerFarm

BlazerFarm Texagonian Premium Member

Never noticed that and I'm one of the 8 people in the country with Hooper on DVD. I'll have to check that out.

Coincidentally the guy that has the Scout SSII from Hooper lives up here. Unfortunately he's turned it into a trail rig and it doesn't look a lot like the original anymore. Hooper Truck

5. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Never noticed that and I'm one of the 8 people in the country with Hooper on DVD. I'll have to check that out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that means 'Wal-Mart' isn't going to stock Hooper on DVD??? Blast! There's always Amazon.com I guess, but Patience isn't my Strong Point. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Coincidentally the guy that has the Scout SSII from Hooper lives up here. Unfortunately he's turned it into a trail rig and it doesn't look a lot like the original anymore. Hooper Truck

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool Info on the Scout. Now where is the Chevy Pickup with the body on backwards??? If it was still in good shape I'd buy it if I had to sell a Kidney!!! (Impulse buying is another problem for me...) /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Cheers,
    Scott

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The very night that I saw Hooper at the theater, I learned how to drive fast in reverse and stay in my lane. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif And yep, I noticed then that the body had been reversed, but I had to try driving like that anyway in my '70 Nova. I got pretty good at driving backwards, but I'm sure glad that a cop never spotted me doing it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I had a driving light mounted on the rear bumper, (it's a GREAT way to deal with folks behind ya that have their high beams on!) so I could flip that on and see where I was going pretty well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif