Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

interesting experience!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big d, Sep 24, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

man i just put a set of headers on my rig, what a beeoch! that and taking the old exhaust off. man a big 250 lbs guy like myself, just dont fit under the hood or under a non-lifted rig very well. that had to be one of the dirtiest, nastiest jobs i have ever done. was smart though, wore safety glasses but still got stuff in my eyes ! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif amazing all the dirt and crud under there and i dont even mud ! harder than hell trying to get the headers worked into place, messed up my pretty little paint job but good (used headers). still got a bolt to tighten up way in the back that is being stubborn.the exhaust i will be running a friend of mine done on his 91' blazer and it looked good, so im coping it. its in the jc whitney catalog and its on page 193, they are like muscle car type chrome side pipes. they look sweet on his rig. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Darren, you're right, that is an experience! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I've done literally hundreds of header swaps and know exactly what you mean by the crap that goes along with installing them. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

You think dirt and stuff in your eyes is bad? Try dealing with automatic tranny fluid in your eyes!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif That sucks and hurts like hell! Lasts all day with you no matter how well you try to flush your eyes out. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

ya, i hear ya. i also busted off a spark plug to ! lots of grunting, cursing, fit throwing, and then just looking and working with it ! they look good now, but i really never want to do it again ! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif have to do some sanding and then repainting (i try to do stuff right). i hoping to get some help and get my lift kit installed this week end along with an edelbrock center manifold ! i still got along way to go on my rig, but i came a long way to just by learning stuff from you guys ! many thanks and thanks for your 2 cents ! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've installed meny a set of headers in my time. It can be a beotch !!!!!! Easiest way is to bring them up from the bottom. Next time, you may want to do your lift first so you'll have the ground clearence. I'll be doing a set on my 76 K5 in the (hopefully) near future.