Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

interesting flexing situaition...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Dec 30, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Alrighty well when i had my front end on the luv all apart i had to unload the torsion bars. Well when i tightened them back up to ride hight i had to settle them somehow, so i whent and flexed it. I drove up my makeshift ramp(2x6 on our retaining wall)whith my left front tire. Well when i did this something strange came up, i whent untill the rear left tire came off the ground then backed up untill it was just touching and noticed both my front tires were off the ground (one was on my ramp the other was just off the ground). What could cause this? is it just a by product of having a rigid frame on a narow light truck? I was just wondering about this... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you just have more weight on the back end of the truck than the front.

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

IFS?? If you crank the torsion bars too much that can happen /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif