Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interesting ideas for a 79 K10 Burb parts truck...

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by u2slow, Oct 3, 2002.

1. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Its ugly, gross, and ripped apart. No engine, no tranny, no tcase, gutted dash, no booster, no column, rotten rockers and quarters - you get the picture.
    pics

The best I can come up with is to save all 4 back doors, windshield, front door glass, and quarter glass as spares for my '84 Burb - an possibly even the frame (!) in case I want to do a 4x4 swap.

Then I think - that's a LOT of work /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Can anyone else think of something neat to do with this thing (besides crumbling to the wife and have it hauled away)? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Turn that badboy into a permanent doorless, topless mean machine

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

turn it into a planter box.

4. Great78burb

Great78burb Registered Member

I'm with tazz! Turn that sorry excuse for the wife to yell at ya into a beast of a trail rig. Most of us couldn't bear the thought of hacking ours up, but you've got the perfect start! No doors, no windows, no body work!!! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I actually have to agree with everyone else: the sheetmetal on my K20 is too good for me to cut it up, but yours seems to be in the perfect shape to do some `lightening' and `bobtailing' ( should be able to cut about a ton off of the vehicle through sheetmetal removal)

do it, you know you want to... things like steering columns, and drivelines are easy to come by. as long as you know how to weld, or know someone who can weld well, you should be able to do all the cage work wihtout any real dificulty.

-Rich