Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interesting Morning

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by broc944, Feb 26, 2007.

1. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Pulled into the shop this morning and noticed most of the work trucks jacked up on blocks, with everyone standing around. Seems over the weekend someone took it upon themselves to slash eleven tires on a total of nine trucks.

Only the trucks that are used on a daily basis had slashed tires, shop trucks and spare trucks not affected, this seemed odd.

Myself and the other two service Techs and Gas Fitter drive our trucks home.

A former employee was visited by the local police department, unsure if anything has been proved as of yet.

We all know who did it, just will never be able to prove it.

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

No security cams.?

3. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Nope, this is northern Minnesota we are talking about. Everyone knows everyone.

4. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I had that happen to my daughter from a P.O'd girl at school. She had some friends do the deed to her car, I tried to get info. but the dude that did it ratted on all of them, guilt kicked in I guess. He had to pay for the tires (of which we only got 125$) and did 40 hours community service, planting flowers for the city.:rolleyes:

5. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Do you guys think it's a co-work/former co-worker?

6. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

We think or know it is a former worker that left a year ago. He owed the company money and did not pay. Boss took him to court last week I was told. A garnishment was put on his wages to repay his past due debt.

7. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Man, and now the owner is double f*cked.

That sucks :mad: :mad: !!

8. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

I watched a Law and Order: SVU marathon yesterday, I'll handle this! Get Dr. Wong here stat! Ok trucks where did the bad man touch you? Ok now we gotta rough some people up... where's Ice T at when we need him? Well it ended up being a big plot twist at the end, ended up the trucks slashed their own tires because they were actually born mini vans and their parents had them sex changed because of a terrible roofing accident at the factory when they were born. Case closed!

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

people are stupid."i'll show them".:rolleyes: we had a guy at work that would fook up his own truck to get outta work.he would let the air outta the tires, pull the fuse for the fuel pump,or cut the tag off his license plate.:confused: then he would say"why is it always my truck?":screwy:

11. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

offer a small reward to his palls for any info he might spill when drunk about the tire poping problem.

i work with tires every day. we have a guy who has less than 15k miles on his truck and has had 5 sets of tires. cant prove it but its the same person every time. and 6-750 each time for 4 tires. :eek1:

we got 11 cars/trucks towed in sat morning one time and in 6 hrs we got all but 1 done . anywere from 1-4 tires cut and all were non std size stuff. new and or custom stuff. but we got it. :bow:

12. Dudge

Dudge 1/2 ton status

That sucks. How pissed is your boss?

13. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Well he is a bit upset after he found out insurance looks at it as a per truck claim, not an overall claim. 500 dollar deductible per truck, so one or two tires per truck is not high enough for a claim.

Then yesterday one of the other Service Techs got his truck nailed hard in the side on a slippery back road. Major damage done, truck out of commission for a while.

Not a good week for the company fleet.

14. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Would the difference point to the guilty party? I'd expect someone like that to cut all or random in order to cover their tracks better.

15. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

That would be an SVU Law and Order, and unless he humped all those tires you had better go with the regular Law and Order or the CI.:wink1: