Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

interesting motor home modification question?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kumma, Jan 16, 2003.

1. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

any one have any ideas? i have an older dodge tiaoga motor home sitting doing nothing, 360? motor good trans dually rear axle, some decent parts. i have some thoughts of converting it into a cube van or some kind of hauler. maybe event throw a front axle under it and make a funky 4x4 hunting vehicle. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifany body do anything like this with any type of motor home. either this or i go buy a torch and have fun tearing it up.

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I remember back in the 70's someone was converting motorhomes to 4x4 for baja and such. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

Give it to me!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Actually restore the interior, slap a heck of a hitch under it and use it as your tow vehicle to pull your rig. Then you got the pimpin camper to sleep in, watch 4x4 videos, frig, etc. Beats the heck outta the $29 walmart tent for comfort!

Or give it to me....so I can restore it, etc.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sam Hinton

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Pull Vehicle. Go to Moab.
    I have a crazy Idea to buy a 24ft Izuzu truck that is for sale near me and make it into a Motorhome. Dress it out with some Super single wheels and make it look like a Dakar race truck.
    [​IMG]
    This I think is DeRoyy JR truck. His dad is also in the race and still going and their trucks are almost identical. I think his dad is 416. They totaled this truck a few day's ago. Jumped off a dune and stuffed it. The tilt cab broke the latches and flopped over and was sitting infront of the truck upside down.
    [​IMG]
    Man I love these big trucks.
    [​IMG]
    Another of a Kamaz
    [​IMG]
    Ohh found a picture after the wreck. You know that three guys riding in this had to change their underware after this.
    [​IMG]
    Anyway I think it would be cool to make a pull rig camper look like one of these trucks.
    Here is the "Broom". it's one of the last vehicles through and it pick up all the busted up motors cycles and I think they can get a car on the back. Could make a small camper and then pull the truck up on the back. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    [​IMG]

5. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

C or A class? C is a van nose, A is just a big flat nose (usually) built by whomever builds the motorhome.

There's a good chance an A-class has a 440. How many lugs are the wheels? If its a huge 5 or 6-lug, it will probably have an I-beam front axle with leafs... making it easy to covert to a 4x4. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

Grim, you took my idea on the Isuzu truck thing and making it a Dakar rally type truck. Man I wish they raced those thing over here. I love those Kamaz trucks and they have V-8 Diesels making 500-800hp. The DAF truck is pretty damn nice also.

7. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

theres 2 here in town thwy made 4 x 4