Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interesting news to me

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bear76, Jan 4, 2007.

1. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

I found out, not too long ago, that back in the day my pop pop used to run shine from our family home in Wolftown, VA to Ohio. He got caught when he was 15-16 and spent 5 yrs in the poke:eek1: . When he got out the g-men asked for his help finding other moonshiners:o . They offerd him somewhere around $400 per still.

First thing he did was turn in all the folks he didn't like. With'in a year or so the g-men didn't even go out with him anyomore, they trusted him to bring back the stills:crazy: . He started his own back up since he was under radar now, and began making brand-new, yet "old" stills :what: . He would then take these "brand-new old stills" to the g-men for the cash:wink1: .

Then he joined the army married my mom-mom, who was working under him, and already engaged to someone else.

BTW, I found out too that there is a Jarrell family cemetary in what is now national park land (we were asked to "leave") and it is on several maps. We will be doing some good trail riding this summer. No one in the family has been able to find it for quite some time.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Maybe your relatives did time with my relatives:D

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

my great grandfather was smart enough to not get caught. :D

4. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Pop pop may have got caught but he came up way ahead in the end. Stupid g-men.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

And this is why I don't look too carefully into my family history.:haha: