Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interesting story

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by IGOR, Mar 19, 2004.

1. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So - is it true that ODOT has declared the 49" Irok illegal EXCEPT for Super Dutys?

One of the new guys at work - runs a '73 Suburban - 12" suspension, 3" body lift - baby $hit dark green. -

He had 40" Iroks on it a month ago- sold those 'cuz a Super Duty in Clackamas pulled up next to him and looked "down" into his truck /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

So - he sells his brand new 40" Iroks, and goes to 4WPW this week - apparently they won't sell 49" tires to him due to this ODOT rule?

So he ends up getting 44" Iroks - which are hella sweet anyway(and very big)

But - the morale of the story - WTF is up with ODOT declaring 49" tires unfit for any rig other than a Super Duty? Can anybody else validate this? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Sounds like one of those fantastical email chain letters, but since you know him... that is Fawkin' rediculous. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

y would u sell your tires and buy new ones because else has bigger ones. DOnt mean to make you mad but your friend sounds like a chode to me.

Nick

4. IGOR

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Hey man - no skin off my back - merely a co-worker of mine... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Does kind of sound like a chode. Maybe he went in and couldn't afford them so he came up with a tall tale about how they wouldn't sell them to him though.
    Money probably wasn't the issue though... from the story it sounds like this guy isn't too worried about money.

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I don't buy it... /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

7. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i dont see why he wouldnt be able to buy tires if they are illegal or not... So 4wpw cant sell 49" iroks unless you prove that you have a super duty??? what if your building a mud truck?.... Maybe they wouldnt install them. but the would still have to sell them wouldnt they?

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

exactly.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

You work with alot of chodes, huh?
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    How come I've never seen this Suburban?

10. IGOR

Yeah - didn't someone on here work at 4WPW on 82nd - maybe they could confirm.

That's one of the pre-req's of working there - attaining a supreme omino-impotence with ones chodeness...

How the hell do I know why you haven't seen that Suburban? Actually he just started there like two months ago /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif