Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

interesting take on iraq, vietnam, and today's politicians

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4by4bygod, Mar 7, 2007.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

This was in Tuesdays USA Today, about the democrat's infatuation with vietnam. Jonah Goldberg is one of my favorite columnists, and he's kind of a smart ass, so the reading is compelling..

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2007/03/post_15.html#more

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yes... for a leftist the crowing achievement of American foriegn policy is pulling out of Vietnam (resulting in millions of deaths after we left). I suppose this makes sense, leftists want fellow leftists to win... boarders be damned.

For a right-wing guy, victory over Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany would probably be #1. Tells you a lot about those two groups....

j

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Also remember, JFK got us in there and LBJ greatly expanded it!!

4. jekbrown

true dat. Its really is a bizarre form of denial. It is their war... and yet they almost try to make everyone remember that they were trying to end/stop it the whole time. lol! Of course, if JFK were alive today, he'd be to conservative for the Republican party let alone the democraps. They say they worship JFK... but its not true. They worship a liberal construct that they call JFK.

j

5. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Good point.

When's the last time the Democraps praised JFK's huge tax cuts??!! I like to say (for prodding purposes) Reagan copied JFKs tax cuts!

6. jekbrown

not only that... JFK was a "religous zealot" by today's standards... talked about God all the time. He wasn't afraid to use the military or a threat of military action in foriegn affairs either. Can you imagine the hysteria from the left if the Cuban Missile Crisis happened today with Bush in charge? Holy ****.

j

7. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Yup. The pinkos (actually they were commie M.F'ers then) were scared THEN because he was Catholic and they thought the Pope was going to run the White House literally!!

It was JFK who brought back all of our elite units and made them a permanant part of our military. For the most part, they were disbanded after WWII.