Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Audio' started by spac30dyss3y, Aug 28, 2003.

1. spac30dyss3y

spac30dyss3y Registered Member

Jan 3, 2003
    I was looking at subs recently, and i decided I wanted an ALumapro Alusonic 12... Rms is like 250 - 400. Can i run more power to it than that? Also, i was talking to a friend about amplifiers, and he said i needed something with fast response... He went on to suggest Zapco or PPI... I've only got about 250-300 to spend on an amp, so i'd at least like to match rms ratings and have fast response on the amp... Any suggestions on what to go with? The amp can be a bridgeable 2-Channel. Doens't have to be a mono class D... I was wondering if Boss amps or Ample Audio Amps were any good... Or should i look for a different sub?
  2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Mar 5, 2001
    Amps are a PERFECT candidate for acquisition via eBay!!!

No moving parts, so the risk is minimal. PLUS you can get a NICE amp (and old PPI or whatever you want) a lot cheaper than when they were new, and get great quality.

I bought FOUR amps that way.....old a/d/s PQ20s....sold for around $800 ea when new, and I found them all day on eBay for around $200.

It will be a really smart way to get a powerful, "fast" amp, and still stay within your budget.

Good Luck.