Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interesting thought

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, May 13, 2003.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Everyone in America knows the name Rodney King.

How many people know the name of the guy they dragged out of the semi and beat up during the riots?

A guy gets his ass whupped as a result of breaking the law and becomes famous, and the guy that didn't do anything to get his arse whupped is forgotten. And the bottom line is it was all because of skin color.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Who's Rodney King? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Reganold Denny

4. Hossbaby50

The funny thing is everyone tried to make Rodney King look like he was pretty innocent and didn't do anything wrong. They only showed him getting his ass kick.

They didn't show the previous part of the tape were everyone else that was in the car did what they were supposed to and followed directions of the police. Rodney King was also high on drug I believe at the time of the beating and was resisting the police. They may have went a little overboard, but he wasn't innocent of what he got. He caused it.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Reginal Denny I think... poor bastard.

j

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

.... and the little puke gang-banger who beat on Reginal Denny just got his last week !!

There IS justice! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

its all a load of crap if u ask me. rodney king got high and attacked some police officers, who defended themselves. maybe it was a bit excessive, but only those officers were in a situation to make that judgement. theres a big difference in watching a fight on a tape and being attacked. IMHO, what happened to rodney king was a direct result of his bad decisions. had king plowed over a six-year-old instead of being pulled over, the story would be MUCH different.

..and people wonder why theres drug problems in the world /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif this case shows that if your on drugs and a minority, you can get away with anything

9. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Actually, Rodney King did not attack anyone - he deliberately and stubbornly REFUSED
    to obey and cooperate with the police after being pulled over. He DID bring it all
    down on himself. The lesson here is: do EXACTLY as you're told by the police and
    if you have a problem with it, bring it up in court. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Oh yeah - lesson number two:
    don't do anything that would give the police a reason to pull you over! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. Hossbaby50

A friend of mine always said, do exactly what cops tell you to do. He always uses the example of: if they tell you to strip down to your boxer shorts and do a chicken dance on the hood of the car do it. Then you turn around as sue the [censored] out of them, and those cops made you a millionaire. Some if not most of the time it is video taped anyway so you have even better proof to convict them with.

11. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

yeah, cops are human too. There are bad cops, just as there are bad civilians. The fact is that LA police dept had some severe behavior issues that surfaced from this incident, regardless of fault. Cops are not immune from the same laws that they enforce. Of course I have no issue with them protecting themselves, but lets face it, if the stress of working in an environment that is prone to gang violence is too much to where it leads to to take it out on those your arresting, then move to Mayberry and pull over speeders the rest of your life.

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

This just came to mind cause there was a big ordeal in Jersey about some white cops that were called to help a black guy having a siezure. The officers tried to subdue him because apparently he was pretty violently thrashing, and by the time he got to the hospital he was dead, and the medical examiner called it death by mechanical asphyxiation (which has several possible causes).

The victim's family and a load of friends pushed for murder charges and a trial of the responding officers.
    Then they sat outside the officers courtrooms, protesting or carrying signs or some crap. One of the uneducated protestors must assume Mechanical Asphyxiation means strangulation only, because she actually got on a podium with a mic and cameras and said "The medical examiner listed the cause of death as mechanical asphyxiation. You know what that means? He was strangled to death!", implying the cops intentionally murdered the guy. Interestingly, they're also sueing for multi-million dollars.
    Several off-duty officers showed up to support the officers on the stand, and one of them said to the camera, "It's all about money, they're playing their race card again, and we're sick of it, and we're not gonna take it anymore."

So now I'm wondering if, when a white officer responds to a call and needs to help (or subdue) someone of another race, will they do all they can to help them? Or will they now be scared into thinking "Well, if I give it all I got and he dies, his family will sue me. Screw it, it ain't worth it, I'm not touching him til the ambulance gets here."?
    Similar to the NY Times reporter that was plagiarizing and writing false stories, who was never fired because he was black and they were afraid of the race card...

It's just BS. The race card is enough of a joke now that trying to seperate the real discrimination cases versus the "Race card" case consumes money and resources that should go elsewhere.

13. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Then there's the whole Reverse Racism issue now...where it seems like "non minority" people (you know who you are) get descriminated against more than the "minorities". But that's a Whole new can of worms. I'm just tired of the whole situation. Am I the only one who thinks the phrase 'irish-American' or 'Italian-american' is BS. No, you're an American...period. Unless you can show me dual citizenship, you're a freakin American. You gave up whatever else you were when you became American. You can be an American by way of Antarctica, but you won't be an Antarctican American in my book. Half of these problems won't go away until we get rid of all the labels.

Since I'm on a rant anyway...the whole race thing is a big double standard anyway. Yes, I'm a white male (just to clear the air here) so maybe I'm talking about my A$$. But in my high school (long time ago) we had a Black Student Union (just an example, not pointing fingers). Now...if anyone tried to start a White Student Union...well, let's just say that would go over like a fart in church. There's also no United Honkey College Fund, cuz it would be "unfair". I'm sure there are PLENTY of disadvantaged white folk out there like would like to go to school, but can't afford it either. Does that seem like a double standard.
    I also know for a fact that I didn't ever, in any point in my life, own any slaves. Nor did my dad or Grandfather. And seeing as how they're from the North and my anscestors probably fought against it...why am I being held responsible. Wasn't like a good half of the nation against slavery and died trying to end it? Call me crazy, but that just seems silly that the whole country should be charged for it. I've seen a bunch of people in the news seeking reparations for slavery cuz their great great step uncle in-law was a slave. PUHLEEZ.
    I could go, but I think I made my point. At this point I have forgotten what this post was about anyway, so I'm gonna shut up.

14. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

A big AMEN on that one! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Then there's the whole Reverse Racism issue now

[/ QUOTE ]

'Reverse' racism? Isn't it racism no matter who is perpetuating it?

16. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

it most certainly is, but its not politically correct to say that minorities could be racist /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif this is a topic that gets me goin pretty good /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I agree 4x4. If you are a 1st gen immigrant, than fine go with the "german-american" or "italian-american" or whatever. If you are further down the line you are just an American. I think its kinda weird that black people whos familys have been in north america LONGER than the USA has been a nation still call themselves "african american" when in reality they have absolutely nothing in common with africa other than their skin color. My german ancestors came over after WWI, I don't call myself a "german" american... and if I was 10-15 generations removed from the immigrants I'd be even less likely to do so.

imo, there will ALWAYS be racial strife in the US so long as we treat different colored people differently. That includes affirmative action and all that other BS.

j

18. BLAZEN70

BLAZEN70 Registered Member

Just going back to the Rodney King discussion. Has anyone heard the latest on this A$$HOLE? I just heard something about him being in trouble again. Something about being on PCP and driving through an intersection at 100 mph. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Anyone else hear the same?

19. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

If that's the case, I want to be a VIKING-AMERICAN!!!! Can we do that? Can it be on my Driver's license?

I called it reverse racism because basically "minorities" get so wound up in feeling repressed by racism, that they start singling out the "racists" and doing the same damn thing. My mommy always told me, "two wrongs don't make a right".

And why do we have a White Race and a Black Race and all the other races? I thought that it was a Human Race. I guess there's a lot of ways to look at it, but I just don't think that's a good way to classify...call me crazy.

I could go on for days.